eve1

MrcPsych rapid A app for Android

8 posts in this topic

Why on Earth would anyone pay £17,99 for such an app?

I know they were working in it for at least 6 months collating questions, and there are a few development costs to recoup. What do you think a better pricepoint would be? I suppose it depends on volume of sales, its not the sort of thing that has a wide download audience!

I wish collectively we could question the £299 price of SPMM, (and then more hundreds for the mocks.) It runs on a free educational code called Moodle, (so does Birmingham), so Ive always felt that was massively overpriced :( . I bought it for my first attempt and was gutted to not pass either.

On 10/1/2016 at 08:25, eve1 said:

I know they were working in it for at least 6 months collating questions, and there are a few development costs to recoup. What do you think a better pricepoint would be? I suppose it depends on volume of sales, its not the sort of thing that has a wide download audience!

I wish collectively we could question the £299 price of SPMM, (and then more hundreds for the mocks.) It runs on a free educational code called Moodle, (so does Birmingham), so Ive always felt that was massively overpriced :( . I bought it for my first attempt and was gutted to not pass either.

Sorry, what did you buy and not pass? spmm or the app?

oborovo I bought SPMM and did it all through a few times and did manage to achieve about 62% but it was not enough as the pass was 67%.
It did suprise me that after all that work I still did not pass and I was quite despondent. But I will be taking it again.

I think the app is good because it a faster way to rattle through questions, but I can't claim impartiality because I know the publisher.

Edited by eve1

You're right Eve, I suppose everyone is following market forces and pricing will depend on those. I wonder if a question bank would sell better if it is marketed directly as such (ie Question Bank) and not an app. Apps tend to be cheap, or even free. Perhaps starting of with a low price/free for the app with a limited number of questions, and then offering "in app purchases" would be a way to reach more potential buyers?

I passed Paper A in June 2017 (  with 78.5%) and prepared from various sources (except SPMM). I found Learn paper A ( App) very useful for revision and would recommend anyone preparing for Paper A.

1 person likes this