Gloria

Capacity - Peds OD

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Can anyone please advise on how to assess capacity for care package? Any reading material for that?

And in the case of pediatric overdose, if the patient asks that  her parents are not informed about her admission, how should we reply?

Thanks

I used the spmm video copy by copy and I passed previously , there are three or four scenarios that can come ,

1:pt with dementia and memory problems refusing home based care

2:pt with confusion due to upper GI bleed and we have to assess the capacity

3:patient with learning disability and upper GI bleed and we have to assess the capacity , I got this one and passed it too.

4:patient with paranoid schizophrenia who is psychotic not confused and presented with upper GI bleed and we have to assess the capacity

5:then I got in my first exam pt with schizophrenia and he was psychotic and we have to assess the financial capacity 

6:there is one case in old oxford case where a female patient with BMD and recent relapse we have to assess financial capacity 

so these are different scenarios under assessment of capacity then the second part says in most of the cases to explain how you assessed the capacity and what was ur conclusion and what are u going to do 

2 people like this

On 11/25/2016 at 10:51, khoker said:

I used the spmm video copy by copy and I passed previously , there are three or four scenarios that can come ,

1:pt with dementia and memory problems refusing home based care

2:pt with confusion due to upper GI bleed and we have to assess the capacity

3:patient with learning disability and upper GI bleed and we have to assess the capacity , I got this one and passed it too.

4:patient with paranoid schizophrenia who is psychotic not confused and presented with upper GI bleed and we have to assess the capacity

5:then I got in my first exam pt with schizophrenia and he was psychotic and we have to assess the financial capacity 

6:there is one case in old oxford case where a female patient with BMD and recent relapse we have to assess financial capacity 

so these are different scenarios under assessment of capacity then the second part says in most of the cases to explain how you assessed the capacity and what was ur conclusion and what are u going to do 

Thank you so much Khoker.