melissaray

CASC MOCK JAN 2017

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

i came to know of CASC mock test in Birmingham on 8th Jan 2017 on the website www.examzguru.com

has anyone attended their mock in the past? . its only £250/-. please let me know whether it is worth going for it. 

Really appreciate your help.

hi Melissa

I attended the mock in Birmingham in Dec 2016 and it was a superb experience as they were very organised and kept the new stations like FAMILY THERAPY, SEROTONIN SYNDROME, PREGNANT LADY WITH SODIUM VALPROATE .

I will check if they are organising again then I will definitely go on 8th January.

yes I have just now checked examzguru.com and they are conducting the mock.

Thank you so much Melissa for letting me know.

god bless you.

Hi ronnyrogers

Is it possible for you to enlist the stations they had in Birmingham Mock exam ?

Cheers,

hi rawalian

the stations on 17th Dec:

Paired station: 

Station 1: Old age Mania

2. Link station: Talk to relative and address his concerns. Discuss the immediate and long term management plan.

3. Station 3: LEWY BODY DEMENTIA

4. talk to the grand daughter to discuss the management 

Station 5: Psychosis (Footballer) –Mental state examination

Station 6:  Link – Management of schizophrenia with an angry relative. 

Station 7: Assault on the ward

Station 8: link  Assault on the ward

You have been asked to speak to a Donna Riddell, a student nurse and who is writing a case report on the assault which happened today.

Speak to her and address her concerns.

Single stations:

1.    Risk factors of Alzheimer’s dementia

2. Exhibitionism - take the psychosexual history 

3. psychosis (postman)

4.  Nihilistic delusion - lady saying ' i am dead' 

5. 27 year old polish male admitted in medical ward due to collapse. Urine tests GBH gamma butyrolactone (class C drug) positive.

Task: Take history to establish dependence syndrome and the impact on his life. 

6.  Mrs xxx has been diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. She has attended a day hospital and has had a 12-¬‐week programme of psychological treatment. Her symptoms have not improved and now medical treatment is recommended. She wants more information about the drug treatment for her symptoms. You are now seeing her in the day hospital for a review. Speak to her to address her concerns.

7.  Speak to Mr xxxx, the father of 15 year old Sarah who is diagnosed with schizophrenia and is with early intervention team. She has been having delusions and hallucinations and parents not agreeing/arguing about her care. Discuss with the father about need for family therapy and address his concerns.

8.  Mrs Lucy Smith is a 32 year old with a diagnosis of bipolar disorder who is already 2 months pregnant and is on sodium valproate. You are the ST4 in the perinatal psychiatry. She has come to visits you in the outpatient clinic to discuss about her management plan. Discuss and explain the risks of continuing and stopping the medication and address her concerns.

the stations on 18th Dec were: 

paired: 

Station 1: Mild cognitive impairment:

2. Link station: Talk to husband and address his concerns. Discuss the immediate and long term management plan.

3. Station 3: Panic disorder with Agoraphobia

4. talk to the husband to discuss the diagnosis and management 

Station 5:  Adult ADHD

Station 6:  Link – Management of adult ADHD with the angry manager 

Station 7: Overdose Rape

Station 8: link  talk to the ward manager about the management plan 

Single: 

Station 1:  lithium as an augmentation strategy

2.  Wandering

3.  CAPACITY ASSESSMENT

4.  Serotonin syndrome

Station 5:  Erotomania 

Station 6:  You are going to see Mr xxxx, 23 year old man who had head injury 2 years ago. Perform a cognitive examination on this man.

Station 7:  Ms xxx - Eating disorder is stable now. Assess for good and poor prognostic factors

Station 8:  Temporal lobe epilepsy

hope it helps you. 

1 person likes this

hi rawalian

birmingham CASC Mock is again on 8th jan. i would recommend you to attend this as it is far better than any other mock. it is just a suggestion with my best intention.

best wishes  

14 hours ago, ronnyrogers said:

hi rawalian

birmingham CASC Mock is again on 8th jan. i would recommend you to attend this as it is far better than any other mock. it is just a suggestion with my best intention.

best wishes  

Hi ronnyrogers,

Unfortunately I cannot make for the Mock on 8th of Jan (I have moved out of UK now) . I would have liked to attend it. Thanks for your suggestion. Appreciated.

g day,

anyone having MOCK stations of today's SPMM mock, thanks.