• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Halshimitzu

ST4 Deanery Preferences

5 posts in this topic

I'm quite comfortable to do my ST training in my current Trust but as the saying goes 

"the good is the enemy of the better"

I'm applying for ST4 for GA for August 2017, I need info as regards where to chose. I am confused. I'm not a lover of traffic, metropolitan areas or overcrowding. I appreciate the ambience of coastal areas and want a Trust free of donkey work, and which offers opportunities to make a life (and not just a living). I heard that STs are 1st on call justlike CTs in some Trusts and I will definitely want to avoid that. I'm open to relocate to any part of the country as I don't have baggage yet.

Advice needed urgently please!

Edited by Halshimitzu

I can speak for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Foundation Trust. Cambridge is a great place to live. If you do placements in Peterborough, commute is 50 minutes driving with minimal traffic. My experience is positive although I cannot speak for all trainees. The Junior Doctor Committee meetings are vibrant. Plenty of research opportunities due to links with University of Cambridge. The current on-call rota is 1:15 24 hours partial shift. It is mainly to give advice to core trainees and help with MHA assessments. The shift has mandatory rest after 4 am and the next day after on-call is rest-day. When there is no core trainee you need to cover the CT role. This happened 2-3 times over 6 months (2 due to sickness and one due to rota gap). Current banding is 40% but if you are going to be subject to the new contract pay structure I cannot comment on that. 

message me if you would like to discuss further.

1 person likes this

You can consider Norfolk and suffolk nhs foundation trust. I know what you want and you won't regret. Inbox me if you need more info. 

1 person likes this

Thanks for your response mkasar and blueocean. Blue_Ocean knows what I want? I'm inboxing you both straight away...

I got ST4 GA Cambridge and Peterborough for Aug 2017, I was also not sure where exactly I wanted to be so didn't put my ranking in any particular order. Anyone else here doing CPFT rotations?