s1v

ST4- Who's applying and where to?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Im just interested to see which sub-specialty and area people are hoping to get jobs in? I'm hoping for CAMHS in SE Scotland! Does anyone have any advice for the interviews?

Cheers,

Steven

Hi, 

I'm applying for GA. SE of nowhere... Frankly I have no preferences for now. Is SE of Scotland a good placement for GA? Did you do your core training in the Edinburgh area? If yes, how was it?

I was advised to be organised during the interview and just continue to 'say anything I like' in the leadership station lol.

SE Scotland is an excellent place to work and progress. The majority of the registrars and consultants ive worked with love their jobs. Lots of scope for progression, research, teaching and the supervision is brilliant. Plus Edinburgh is a lovely city full of culture and house prices are reasonable to rent.

Happy to answer any questions you have about the area/job. The above is just a bit of generic waffle about how much I love it...although Im biased!

Is there anyone who works in GA - North west? I would like to know about the places of rotations. Please drop me a line if anyone can educate me on this. Thanks in advance 

I just got offered Cambridge/Peterborough GA ST4, never been to that part of the country. I didn't put in any preference in particular, just wanted to get some ST4-6 experience in England as I have spent my entire training in Scotland and wanted a "change of scenery". Would like to hear from anyone who knows about Cambridge? I don't have partner or kids to worry about.