Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ayanda

Dykebar Hospital,Paisley

21 posts in this topic

Hie

Any info on Dykebar Hospital,Paisley,near Glasgow is appreciated...the exam centre? nearby places to stay the night before the exam?

hey people,

pleasse any info on Dykebar hospital...i'm appealing for such with Ayanda.

we need heelllllppppppp!

hello everyone!

this is another impassioned plea to those with any info about dykebar hospital paisely...thanks for your help

Thanks Daisee,that was helpful.Good luck for the exam everyone!!!

Thanks Daisee,that was helpful.Good luck for the exam everyone!!!

It seems they do everything in that hospital, who knows which wards they will be providing the patients from? >:(;)

Services At This Facility

Click on the links below for service overview, contact details, visiting or opening hours, etc

Alcohol Problems Clinic

In-patient Day rehab service

Bute Ward - Forensic and Learning Disability

Adult Mental Health Acute Services - North, South and East Wards

ICPU - Arran Ward

Community Mental Health Team

CMHT West Renfrewshire

Community Day rehab service

Forensic Community Mental Health Team

Adult Mental Health Continuing Care - Wards 7,8,9 and 15

Continuing Care for Elderly Mentally Ill - Wards 1,4 and 5

Outpatient Departments - Psychology and Psychiatry

Community Physiotherapy

Well for a start I hope you will not get a community physiotherapy case....it must be horrible!

:lol:;):)

Look on the bright side Daisee- all I know about where I'm going is that the ground floor is a public library :o At least there's a website and a pic for you :)

[highlight]Look on the bright side Daisee[/highlight]- all I know about where I'm going is that the ground floor is a public library :o At least there's a website and a pic for you  :)

Thanks, Ros.......I know but i guess that i feel even worse after presenting a long case to an old age psychiatrist who told me that presentation was 'awful'........8 days before my exams in a country understanding the accent may prove tricky.......if am honest.... i feel suicidal...at least if i completed suicide, ...i wont face the cannibals from the college ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :( :( :( :( :( 8-) :o :o :o :o :o

Ignore anyone who can't be helpful, Daisee! What weirdo manages to become a psychiatrist with the idea that destructive criticism like that is likely to be helpful to someone 8 days before their exam >:( >:( >:(? I bet you have more empathy than him, and will make a better shrink ;):lol:

Avoid anyone likely to give you PTSD like the plague at this point.

Well said,Ros...Avoid PTSD inducing situations,Stay positive and All the Best Everyone!!!  

Daisee- some of the guys from my area who are examiners are really nice! They may not be overly smiley in an exam, but it's a game, remember. Imagine they're your favourite grandad when you are presenting.

Daisee- [highlight]some of the guys from my area who are examiners are really nice! [/highlight]They may not be overly smiley in an exam, but it's a game, remember.[highlight] Imagine they're your favourite grandad when you are presenting.
[/highlight]

Thanks a bunch, Ros...I have re-started preps again.

you really are good at therapy...Ros, hope u r thinking of psychotherapy at ST4... :o :o :o :o :obut on a serious note...u r godsend to my morale.......

Happy to be of service ;) Psychotherapy at ST4 would be lovely- just a small obstacle in the way at present :lol:

I may be hyjacking the thread a bit here but I do wonder about consultants who give really rubbish feedaback just days before the exam.. I made the mistake of presenting to 2 of those I work with. One said I was really 'irritating' because I was monotonous and the other said that I choice of words really 'wound him up and would piss of any examiner'. My crime? I said opted instead of chose and 'the patient explained that' instead of 'the patient said'. These were the examples he gave for me winding him up!!

They did go on to say that I clearly took a very good history and there were no holes they coould pick there but they would have stopped listening because I was 'boring' and that I should be 'extremely pleased to have to opportunity to present a case and that should come across'. Blimey....I didn't know it was a f**k**g panto!

Off my chest now. AHHHH.......feel better now.

Juls

The good people to present to ask you when the exam is first and then dismantle your answer less vigorously if it is next week.

Unless of course they are masochists.

The good people to present to ask you when the exam is first and then dismantle your answer less vigorously if it is next week.

Unless of course they are [highlight]masochists[/highlight].

Sadists? Or are they interchangeable for you, Da5id? ;)

Well,now that all the fun and games are over!!! (Ros did say it was a game in a previous post)

It's time for the agonizing wait for the results...   ::) ::) ::)

On a positive note...the organizing team at Dykebar hospital,Paisley was brilliant,they were very friendly,allayed anxieties and went out of their way to make us comfortable...and tried to make it a less stressful experience for candidates...Thanks guys,appreciated.

:);):lol: I was hoping to bump into Ros (not a stalker by any imagination), given her status and active participation in this forum. Unfortunatunately, that was not to be-my exam at La Nua was on 16/11.

Galway is a very eye-catching city, mordern with lots of B&Bs, hotels. The organization at the exam centre was first class and the 2 psychiatrist organizers were very friendly and accommodating. My regards to them!

As far as the exam itself was concerned, I don't know for sure if I did justice to it-a bit ambivalent about my performance. I had the misfortune ( or rather good luck-depending on how u see it) of having the College rep sitting in both the ipa and pmps. I later saw the rep & two of the examiners in a local pub chilling out. Are the reps really independent and their own men/women?

I'm flattered, Justice! <>

You'll have to come to the next forum meet!

I was planning to postpone my flight (if the exam went OK!!!) and meet up with Seamus for a bit of guinness, but by the time I'd decided to stay, they didn't have any places left on the Sat flight out. Then of course, the taxi driver was late and traffic on Fri pm was awful, and I nearly missed the Friday flight anyway ::) ::) ::)

Galway was lovely though, and the guys there were fantastic- really put us at our ease (as much as humanly possible). I will definitely go back for a holiday sometime.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0