deepa

PAPER B April 2017

48 posts in this topic

EMI about beneficence autonomy justice 

Manic defence-patient mom died but doesn't cry appear happy 

fallacy of fairness - patient diagnosed with cancer feel he was not done anything wrong 

Anorexia nervosa which medication u don't give -options citalopram floxetine  venlafax.I choosed citalopram(QT prolong)

pateint on clozapine but persistent neutropenia, but needs clozapine.Wat drug u add-options lithium,fluoxetine,carbamazepine,quetipine.I choosed lithium 

patient has Tourette's syndrome and ADHD Wat treatment .options alpha 2 adrenerguc agonists ,stimulants,atomoxetine.I chossed alpha 2 adrenergic agonists as Tourette need treatment first 

EMI Types of schizophrenia -paranoid ,hebrephernic,undifferentiated,catatonic

validity-predictive concurrent content 

EMI on neuro imaging findings for brain -fragile x downs schizophrenia velocardial

Edited by deepa
Adding
1 person likes this

What's did you choose for neuroimaging

rrisk of schizophrenia in offspring 

mania treatment in Camhs 

Gallantmine no option of AD but mixed dementia was there

2 minutes ago, gollu007 said:

What's did you choose for neuroimaging

rrisk of schizophrenia in offspring 

mania treatment in Camhs 

Gallantmine no option of AD but mixed dementia was there

Hi gollu 

yes those questions were annoying

i know Iam wrong from ranking order of questions I crossed Schizophrenia Tourette velicardial facial 

my answers were wrong I think 

One year conversion from mci to dementia 

Gollu 

post if u remember any further questions 

Manua treatment i choosed risperidone -atypical antipsychotics.I didn't choose sodium valproate as reproductive age 

Deepa you say there was a question on 'mum died but appears happy' which defense. There was no question like this on my paper? Could you be mistaken?

There was question on man had bad day at work, so goes and plays tennis, which defense mech.

There was qu on which is related to some disorder, and tissue type DR15 DQb was in answers. Anybody remember what that was asking about?

Hi eve,the answer for the question I meant was fallacy of fairness-yes I remember something like he diagnosed with cancer and not sort of accepting.this was a repeat from last time 

man playing tennis Answer is sublimation 

DR15Dqb -don't remember the question for that.Was this something to do with schizophrenia??

How was the exam guys 

U assessing a patient with Anorexia Wat immediate thing u do for rush assessment.Options were like getting collateral history,doing fbc,calculating BMI.

I chooses BMI as answer 

1 hour ago, deepa said:

EMI about beneficence autonomy justice 

Manic defence-patient mom died but doesn't cry appear happy 

fallacy of fairness - patient diagnosed with cancer feel he was not done anything wrong 

Anorexia nervosa which medication u don't give -options citalopram floxetine  venlafax.I choosed citalopram(QT prolong)

pateint on clozapine but persistent neutropenia, but needs clozapine.Wat drug u add-options lithium,fluoxetine,carbamazepine,quetipine.I choosed lithium 

patient has Tourette's syndrome and ADHD Wat treatment .options alpha 2 adrenerguc agonists ,stimulants,atomoxetine.I chossed alpha 2 adrenergic agonists as Tourette need treatment first 

EMI Types of schizophrenia -paranoid ,hebrephernic,undifferentiated,catatonic

validity-predictive concurrent content 

EMI on neuro imaging findings for brain -fragile x downs schizophrenia velocardial

the answer for the question I meant was fallacy of fairness this was a repeat from lasttime 

man playing tennis Answer is sublimation 

DR15Dqb -don't remember the question for that.Was this something to do with schizophrenia??

How was the exam guys 

U assessing a patient with Anorexia Wat immediate thing u do for rush assessment.Options were like getting collateral history,doing fbc,calculating BMI.I choosed BMI as answer 

36 minutes ago, gollu007 said:

I chossed 12%

What did u put for metabolic disturbance in 53yr old woman who had drunk bottle of whisky 23hrs ago and was displaying anxiety?

options were hypocalcemia, hypoglycemia etc?

12 minutes ago, eve1 said:

What did u put for metabolic disturbance in 53yr old woman who had drunk bottle of whisky 23hrs ago and was displaying anxiety?

Hypoglycaemia

i didn't put hypoglycaemia but i think that's the answer

anorexia immediate tx - my answer was do full blood count etc since most important would be look for anaemia, ongoing infections

Deep brain stimulation - OCD, anxiety etc

HIV - progressive multifocal leukocencephalopathy, epilepsy

EMI - options of grounded theory, and data saturation but not theoretical saturation

what drug wouldn't you give for ADHD and hepatic impairment in child - clonidine, atomoxetine, methylphenidate

sexual abuse associated with - ADHD, bulimia nervosa, avoidant personality (i think), schizophrenia

most common for paroxetine in pregnancy - cardiac defects, neonatal bleeding, irritability

antidepressant for depression in epilepsy - can't remember the options, likely got this one wrong

autism, seeing only part of whole picture - weak central coherence (got this one wrong :/)

dysphoria, increased appetite, vivid dreams - amphetamine intoxication, cocaine withdrawal, alcohol withdrawal, inhalant intox/withdrawal?

why chi square is used for comparing the death rate in various MMSE categories - death is dichotomous, death is in proportions, mmse is categorical

risk of schizophrenia in offspring - 13% (other options included 9%, 15%...)

persistent delusional disorder - i put non-bizarre delusions

another one on delusion for stalkers with options paranoid delusion, grandiose delusion, jealous delusions, erotomania - i put jealous

murder-suicide, most common in what - depression, schizophrenia

to reduce cravings in alcohol - acamprosate, naltrexone, buprenorphrine etc

therapeutic use of security - ans is physical, relational, procedural. other options: physical _____, other options were variations on security gates, wires etc.

childhood disorder related to brain injury-- I put conduct, the other answers were ADHD,,

commonest cause of accidental overdose in 19yr old in the world-- I put heroin but I'm not sure, alcohol , paracetamol

expert witness--- I out as the one need to be ready to change based on new evidence, others re disregards negative evidence to benefit your patient, unnecessary to have your notes,

assessment of girl with anorexia to manage risks-- I put BMI as it indicates the further risk management, other answers were, blood tests,,,

accurate statement about suicide rates in the world--- rates have been reducing

treatment of depression in epilepsy-- I put sertraline

there was a question where the history suggested LBD

1 hour ago, eve1 said:

Hi eve answer is hypoglycaemia this was there in spmm

I think when considering overall exam the stat was much better compared to rest of the questions.

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, pooh123 said:

I think when considering overall exam the stat was much better compared to rest of the questions.

Ya I agree 

For this question most common cause of unintentional over dose i out paracetamol .oh no Iam wrong then 

1 person likes this

Most commin form of Downs syndrome in high intellegence patient?

3 drug users: big pupils, tachy, sweating - I put MDMA intox. Appetite increase, vivid dreams I put cocaine withdrawal.  Brady, unresponsive, 10mins into treatment gets up and lashes out at nurse and walks out I put opiate intox.

most likely diagnosis: 1. 17yr old giggling, withdrawn, alone playing with cars, says he thinks he's a car. (?heb) 2. Older male, thinks martians are involved in some sort of evil plan (?paranoid). 3. Young lad, no friends, never has, computer looking at paranormal things (?schizotypal)

Stats question about rates of creativity in family members in depression, bipolar, schiz.  How many significant in depression group. 

Stats Q mortality rates according to mmse and diagnosis upon admission to acute med.   

Bipolar vs control cause of death in males - cancer, cardiac, suicide etc.  What intervention most helpful?

ICER Qaly calculation

Graph about cost effectiveness of different antidepressants with a low budget.

venlafaxine augmentation placebo vs aripiprazole, risk ratio in two arms

deep brain stimulation used for which disorder

Man with ataxia confusion double vision what management.  Lady anxious sweating tachy shortly after admission to surgical ward.

Early symptoms in parkinsons.

OCD with tics and adhd which med

does anyone know how marks are divided when calculating the pass mark of paper b? does every section get equal weightage or Stats have more weightage? if so what is the split?

17 hours ago, gollu007 said:

12  %

12 hours ago, Sammy Jagger said:

Most commin form of Downs syndrome in high intellegence patient?

3 drug users: big pupils, tachy, sweating - I put MDMA intox. Appetite increase, vivid dreams I put cocaine withdrawal.  Brady, unresponsive, 10mins into treatment gets up and lashes out at nurse and walks out I put opiate intox.

most likely diagnosis: 1. 17yr old giggling, withdrawn, alone playing with cars, says he thinks he's a car. (?heb) 2. Older male, thinks martians are involved in some sort of evil plan (?paranoid). 3. Young lad, no friends, never has, computer looking at paranormal things (?schizotypal)

Stats question about rates of creativity in family members in depression, bipolar, schiz.  How many significant in depression group. 

Stats Q mortality rates according to mmse and diagnosis upon admission to acute med.   

Bipolar vs control cause of death in males - cancer, cardiac, suicide etc.  What intervention most helpful?

ICER Qaly calculation

Graph about cost effectiveness of different antidepressants with a low budget.

venlafaxine augmentation placebo vs aripiprazole, risk ratio in two arms

deep brain stimulation used for which disorder

Man with ataxia confusion double vision what management.  Lady anxious sweating tachy shortly after admission to surgical ward.

Early symptoms in parkinsons.

OCD with tics and adhd which med

Guys I got this wrong.I choosed central coherence for that autism theory.It seems Answer is theory of mind

downs with high intelligent -mosaicism 

IQ in turners is reduced by how many point as compared to general population, 0, 10, 40 etc

Patient with cocaine and alcohol abuse what to offer 

Prevalence of postpartum psychosis. .1 to .9 per 1000, 1 to 2 per 1000 etc

Most common Co morbid disorder with hypochondriasis 

1 person likes this

Please tel me answer for IQ in turner reduced by how many points?? 

Co morbidity with hypochondriasis is it depression?

No it is anxiety disorder as per SPM

Autism seeing only part of whole picture,plz tel me answer 

24 minutes ago, makc25 said:

No it is anxiety disorder as per SPM

Thank u 

2 hours ago, deepa said:

3 hours ago, deepa said:

Please tel me answer for IQ in turner reduced by how many points?? 

Co morbidity with hypochondriasis is it depression?

Major depression, the most frequent comorbid disturbance, was usually current and most often had an onset after that of hypochondriasis??

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8039697

IQ in turner I put 10

Turner syndrome (TS) is associated with a characteristic neurocognitive profile which includes average to low full scale intelligence quotient (FSIQ) with a significant discrepancy between verbal IQ (VIQ) and performance IQ (PIQ) [1].They have average verbal skills but weaker non verbal skills like visuospatial, .

Neurocognitive Profile of Turner Syndrome - MedIND

medind.nic.in/ibv/t11/i11/ibvt11i11p911.pdf

Anyone has other answers?