Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest jalpaparekh147

St. ANN'S Hospital, N. London

19 posts in this topic

Hi , any information on St. Anns hospital, North London? What is the population like out there, any good hotels, ie travelodge etc? any particular specialities? any one given an exam there before?

please help!

mixed population....afrocaribbean and turkish predominantly...

substance misuse on top of most diagnoses

the chief examiner is based there and his famous borderline unit halliwick....

mentalisation treatment etc...

the usual otherwise....general adult, old age, ld, rehab, picu, links with forensic, but not on site, unsure if they ever bring anyone down for the exam...

not very sure about places to stay, but look it up on theaa.com and some will come up....

Is there an Eating Disorders Unit attached to the hospital..?

ooops sorry

yes there is ...

so here goes....ga, oa, ld, rehab, picu, eating disorders, substance misuse, borderline pd mentalisation treatment programme...

enough I guess...!

ooops sorry

yes there is ...

so here goes....ga, oa, ld, rehab, picu, eating disorders, substance misuse, borderline pd mentalisation treatment programme...

enough I guess...!

thanks a lot :)

thanx Godzilla!

OMIGOD!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ON EARTH SHALL I DO!!!!!!_____

Hey Jalapeno,

Best guess.

Psychoanalytic approach that focuses on looking at pt's problems through attachments past and present.

Mentalisation is the process where a person has to interpet their actions and others actions on basis of their own mental states ie needs, beliefs but PDs get overwhelmed by their emotions and find it hard to mentalize and so do impulsive stuff instead. The folks at St Ann's try to help them learn how to mentalize.

Deep breath...or something like that :P Like I said best guess

not to worry....I don't think you need to know much about it....

but if you are too fussy, then go to your hospital tomorrow...get to the college website...ckick on journals under publications button

choose APT and put bateman (current chief examiner...) in the author bit in the search engine...a couple of papers will come up and there will be a brief explanation...

that is a treatment for borderline personality disordered...

of course you can skip all the above and just google it...

you are welcome....

I would be happy if someone would shed some light on dundee please...!

thanx again Godzilla. Sorry about Dundee, havent a clue!

I gave my exam there last spring when it was the first time they were organising it there. The team who co-ordinated it were very friendly and supportive. They made sure we were relaxed, checked on us frequently and had refereshments ready all the time. It made a lot of difference to the experience.

As somebody posted earlier, there was a mix of patients. I do not remember clearly if they had anybody with eating disorders on the day I took the exam. I remember I was clearly anxious they would have somebody with that or Personality disorder.

I stayed at the Premier Travelinn at Kings Cross, very close to the station. It however was a fair bit by taxi to the venue. I chose this because I have stayed in travelinn and I am usually comfortable there. The nearest railway station to the exam center is walkable (at least 10 minutes) but if you have loads of stuff to carry, taxi might be an option.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Hi , any information on St. Anns hospital, North London? What is the population like  out there, any good hotels, ie travelodge etc? any particular specialities? any one given an exam there before?

please help!

You don't need to get a taxi from kings cross to st anns, just get the victoria line then its about 15mins walk from seven sisters tube station. Much quicker.

Its quite a poor area, so I think nice hotels anywhere near are unlikely. Your better off staying in central London and getting the tube.

You don't need to get a taxi from kings cross to st anns, just get the victoria line then its about 15mins walk from seven sisters tube station. Much quicker.

Its quite a poor area, so I think nice hotels anywhere near are unlikely. Your better off staying in central London and getting the tube.

thanks lara . thats really helpful

I did my exam there 1 year ago. Was really friendly and well organised. They have an eating disorder inpatient unit and so I prepared for Anorexia - and got a late onset 45 year old anorexic... good historian. since I have never worked/had experience of eating disorders.. chat to someone that has - for instance I completely forgot about the dietician.

Also - a few personality disorders. On our day there were 3 eating disorder patients, but the rest were straightforward Bipolar and Schizophrenia and depression. The questions seemed to be harder for those....

got asked to do a premorbid personality assessment and assess the role patient's relationship with her father influenced her illness !!

Anyway.. remember SHOW NO FEAR!

Frodo

Don't you think you are bit late in replying as exams are over 3 weeks ago.

Frodo

Don't you think you are bit late in replying as exams are over 3 weeks ago.

Better late than never?? ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0