• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eliasthom

marking

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

can any body confirm marks required to pass cliical,

is it minimum 10 in PMP and 10 in IPA only, or 14 in IPA and 8 in PMP is passable?

is anybody aware that the second rule is scrapped?

any way best wises for all candidates eagerly awaiting for thr results.

Is it true that theory marks are counted in the overall result?

Some body told me that they got 10 each in PMP and IPA but failed the overall exam!

i asked my consultant who said theory once passed is a pass it is not counted for clinicals

So how could one pass the PMP and IPA but still goes on to fail the over all exam?

What would be the point of passing someone in the written just to fail them even though they meet the standard in the clinical. Did you see the feedback from this person? Is there any possibility they were not exactly truthful?

Its written in the college guidance documents (Orange pages) as wellwhich they sent us with the clinical exam details.

its not written in any college booklet they sent us.u can also browse online the regulations of exams.there is no mention that written would be considered for clinical component.

Perhaps it happened sometime in the past i guess.

Its written in the college guidance documents (Orange pages) as wellwhich they sent us with the clinical exam details.

I can't see anything about it? Which bit are you talking about?

MRCPSYCH PART II - CLINICAL EXAMINATION PACKAGE usually sent by David Flowers. (The one I have is from spring 2006).

See under guidance to candidates for PMP and IPA.

Look under the section IPA and its the point no: 8 (1) says:

CANDIDATES WHO PASS THE CLINICAL ( IPA AND PMP) BUT FAIL OVERALL MAY ASK FOR FEEDBACK ON THEIR PERFORMANCE.

From a document explaining the regulations, on a website for people working in Ireland (Irishpsychiatry.something or something like it)

'Both parts of the MRCPsych examination consist of a written component and a clinical

component (Table 2). A recent development has been the necessity to obtain a satisfactory

mark in the written components to be allowed to progress to the clinical components. While

this may disadvantage some candidates who tend to compensate for lacklustre written papers

with scintillating oral presentations, it means that if you are allowed to progress you have the

relief of knowing you have passed all of the written section and need now only concentrate on

performing adequately in the vivas.'

Here is the source: http://www.irishpsychiatry.com/rescebk3.pdf

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0