HereToHelp

Skype tuition to help you pass CASC

13 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I have recently passed the CASC examination and I wanted to offer my services as a tutor.

About me: I am currently a core trainee working in the North East of England. I passed all MRCPsych examinations first time and I have consistently achieved a score significantly above the pass mark. I am experienced in teaching others and providing constructive feedback. I can provide documentation to support my qualifications, if required.

What I'm offering: One to one skype sessions where we can work together in whatever way suits you. I can help you with particular scenarios or general communication skills. I will provide feedback and practical suggestions to improve your approach, using real CASC scenarios.

Payment: I will charge £30 for an hour, payable via PayPal. Discount available if you wish to book a block of sessions i.e. £100 for four hours.

Time: Flexible to suit you. Let me know your availability.

If you're interested then please send me a private message or reply to this thread.

1 person likes this

As the exam pattern will be changed from Jan 2018,How would you embrace those changes??

Secondly why it is important to charge one's own colleagues when they are facing a difficult time.

If one is qualified to teach then I suppose they are entitled to be payed.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Shahryar said:

As the exam pattern will be changed from Jan 2018,How would you embrace those changes??

Secondly why it is important to charge one's own colleagues when they are facing a difficult time.

Good question. Although the exam format will change as of January 2018, this only effects the morning sessions. Furthermore, the CASC blueprint is unchanged. The general approach needed to pass the established bank of scenarios should remain the same. However I only know as much as anyone else does!

Re "charging colleagues" - I would ask why you don't work for free?

Tutoring is a recognised service provided by those who have a skill or knowledge that others can benefit from. I am charging less per hour than GCSE tutors charge in the uk and significantly less than university tutors.

If you don't agree with what I'm offering - you're entitled to your opinion. If anyone thinks that it may help them then I hope I can provide a fairly priced and useful service.

Edited by HereToHelp
Edit

Unfortunately there is no difference between passing 11 and 12 stations..I will accept a teacher with CCST and experience of teaching at local and deanery level..but there is a whole lot of industry out there..most courses say that they have college examiners but only God knows what's the reality..

59 minutes ago, Shahryar said:

Unfortunately there is no difference between passing 11 and 12 stations..I will accept a teacher with CCST and experience of teaching at local and deanery level..but there is a whole lot of industry out there..most courses say that they have college examiners but only God knows what's the reality..

I'm not clear on what you mean by "no difference between passing 11 and 12 stations". If you're implying I may have achieved a minimal pass, that's not the case.

I am transparent about what my qualifications are. I have offered to prove these if needed.

I'm considering deleting this thread now, which is a shame because I think I could have helped people struggling with a difficult exam who have limited opportunity to practise with someone who understands what's needed to pass.

Edited by HereToHelp

Why delete the thread because one poster comes across as prejudiced and will only accept those with ccst and teaching experience?

Perhaps you could post some of your insight into what's needed to pass here for all to read? Most of those who pass exams to that, whether they then offer paid tuition or not.

1 person likes this

Please be aware that I will no longer be providing this service. I am unable to delete this thread however.

That's a shame. You can still write some helpful tips.

CASC preparation classes

I am a Consultant psychiatrist provide one to one coaching time making you ready and confident to go to the CASC exam. All coaching sessions are online and on SKYPE. Paid £30/hr coaching sessions involve one to one Scenario practice and regular feedback on performance by experienced Consultant.

Please contact on Salwanjaj@yahoo.com if you interested.