madmedman

CT1 Interview score breakdown, need help

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I need some help understanding the interview score i got in this recruitment drive. It seems I did very poorly. But cant find any feedback on the scoring that I got. Any input will be immensely appreciated since I am going to try again in a few months.

Portfolio Station Total Score 13
Clinical Scenario Station Total Score 16
SRA Professional Dilemma Paper Score 3.9
SRA Clinical Problem Solving Paper Score 3.9

SRA Score Total

Any thoughts guys?

Hi there, 

sorry  to hear you weren't successful in gaining a place in training at this round. If you check out the Applicant Guide, particularly page 21, you will see a break down of the scoring including maximum scores etc. https://www.nwpgmd.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/Applicants' Guide CT1 Feb 18 Intake - V4 LIVE.pdf. It is a v useful document to read prior to interview as is the Person Specification. 

Did you prepare for the interview knowing the stations in advance? How did you prepare for the SRA? SRA revision tools can be found on passmedicine website. There are also courses. Might also be worth having a colleague/senior psychiatry team member have a look at your portfolio and help prepare it in terms of the person specification they have asked for. Also doing mock consultation once you know what the scenario is prior to next round of application. 

Good luck for next time. And make sure you read everything that's available on the recruitment website: there are many helpful hints..

https://www.nwpgmd.nhs.uk/ct1_psy_current_round

1 person likes this

Thank you very much. Appreciate it. 

hello, sorry about your last experience. i am applying for the current round and was wondering if you did anything different this time around that may be useful in my preparation.