drbimmer

CASC SEPT 2018

42 posts in this topic

would you please add me

On 11/19/2017 at 22:41, Fabdoun said:

The same here , passed B now and planning to sit for CASC in Sept 2018 

do you have an study group, would like to join you if so

On 4/9/2018 at 15:30, THC said:

There is a casc whats group(with more than 150 members). Please let me know if you would like to join and contribute. We have been receiving great CASC live webinar training from Dr Seshni and she would teach us on a regular basis.

You can reply to this feed and I would add you are interested.

happy casc preparation and good luck in your sept exam.

Hi. Would you please add me to the CASC group.

Hi, 

I would be really grateful if someone could please add me to the group below. 

Thanks in advance, my number is 07722531997 

On 09/04/2018 at 15:30, THC said:

There is a casc whats group(with more than 150 members). Please let me know if you would like to join and contribute. We have been receiving great CASC live webinar training from Dr Seshni and she would teach us on a regular basis.

Hi,

It would be great if I could be added to whats app group for CASC. I am preparing for CASC examinations in this year.

Thanks

Varun - (+91) 9204858189

Hello Varun and Dr 1234

I have sent you the link to your personal mail box which can be accessed via the same web site. 

CASC preparation classes

I am a Consultant psychiatrist provide one to one coaching time making you ready and confident to go to the CASC exam. All coaching sessions are online and on SKYPE. Paid coaching sessions involve one to one Scenario practice and regular feedback on performance by experienced Consultant.

Please contact on Salwanjaj@yahoo.com if you interested.

Could you send me the link as well please? Thinking about sitting in September. Thanks very much.

Posted (edited)

On 09/04/2018 at 20:00, THC said:

Hai I m from india , n i m interested in joining. . Can u add my no to the group. . Its +918778825530. . . Thanks in advance..

Edited by Eswar

Hello Eswar and Ben. I have sent you the link to join our what app group. Our strength is growing day by day. We have about 200 casc aspirants all over the world. Dr Seshni has been training us for free online over the past 2 months. By being in the group would increase your chance of passing as lots of complex scenarios are being discussed thoroughly on a regular basis.

1 person likes this

I would be grateful if someone could add me to the group please.

My number is 07508863917.

Thanks. Nik

Posted (edited)

Hi can you add me to the watsappgroup as well ? I am appearing for sept casc

mynumber is 07455276275

Edited by Doctor scot

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:20, THC said:

Hello Eswar and Ben. I have sent you the link to join our what app group. Our strength is growing day by day. We have about 200 casc aspirants all over the world. Dr Seshni has been training us for free online over the past 2 months. By being in the group would increase your chance of passing as lots of complex scenarios are being discussed thoroughly on a regular basis.

Hi, I am sitting the Sept 2018 exam too. Can you add me to the group please. my number is 07940463578.

Thanks

Hello lwaanie

The casc whats app group is full.

please join the telegram group and is as good as the whats app group as the majority of the telegram group are from whats app casc group

https://t.me/joinchat/HLoiQgyKuufEQe6luPA9uw

Good luck and happy preparation for the casc exam.

Thanks

Tom

Thanks Tom. Will check that one.

Much appreciated.

Lwaanie

On 09/04/2018 at 15:30, THC said:

Please could I be added to the group! My number is 07929381750. I am a CT2 (will be CT3 in August) in Scotland. Hoping to take CASC in September. 

The casc whats app group is fulled.

please join the telegram group and is as good as the whats app group as the majority of the telegram group are from whats app casc group

https://t.me/joinchat/HLoiQgyKuufEQe6luPA9uw

On 4/9/2018 at 15:30, THC said:

Hi 

Can I please be added to the CASC whatsapp group?

My number is 07929381750

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share with you some tips to ensure success in the CASC exams:

1)      Understanding content

-          A basic knowledge of each topic is essential

-          Learn about commonly used medication and side effects

-          Have a method of explaining information in a way a lay person can understand

2)      Communication

-          Show empathy in all situations

-          Summarize- this shows the examiner that you have a plan, shows the patient that you are listening to him/her and gives you time to think of your next step

3)      Confidence

-          Examiners want to see potential colleagues- show that you know what you are talking about and that you trust what you are saying

-      Treat it like a real clinical event- it really reduces the pressure when you approach the scenario in the best interest of the patient, the way you would in real life.

Dr Seshni Moodliar's   ' Pass the CASC' has helped a great deal so did the mock CASC exams conducted by Birmingham and Oxford.

Something extra I did was to acquire effective communication skills with the help of Mr Ed Kennedy who heads Procommskills . He is an experienced actor who has taken part in many mock exams and enacts the roles of patients one encounters in real life situations.  The scenarios I practiced with Mr Kennedy and his  valuable advice  helped me understand the situation from the patient’s perspective, which significantly boosted my confidence.  These sessions are especially useful for doctors living overseas as they would find it difficult to personally attend the mock exams held  in the UK as this can be done online via Skype from the comfort of one's home. The link to Procommskills is : https://procommskills.com/     

Finally, my best wishes to all of you.