• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RosyWood

Results are out

55 posts in this topic

Well done, guys, congratulations to all those who passed....39.6% pass rate :o

I saw Dorian's name on the list- no surprise there ;)

Unfortunately it looks like I am being given the opportunity to try the new format in Spring as well as the old one :'(

Hey Ho, such is life. Oh well, I'll worry about it after Christmas.

no luck,got to do it all over again in the new format.

Congrats to all those who cleared this time

Congratulations to all including Nutty, Doriannevergreys and Khurram Hafeez Khan. Well done. For all others who could not succeed, they would be our guides for the new paper 3 especially for the critical appraisal MCQs and EMIs. So do not lose heart. Let us have a good paper 3 discussion.

Well done, guys, congratulations to all those who passed....39.6% pass rate  :o

Unfortunately it looks like I am being given the opportunity to try the new format in Spring as well as the old one :'(

Ros, I am puzzled....I was under the impression that you did well in the exam..!

Well, such is life...!

I passed ! much to my surprise.......But alls well that ends well

Congrats to all those who have passed . For those who could not, dont be disheartened as the exam is more about luck and less about hard work. And hopefully the exam is going to be more streamlined now, and more objective.

I passed too. Ross i'm soooooooooooo sorry about your results. Dont worry dear this is life. This is my third attempt and i know exactly how you all feel. I was there few months ago. It's a matter of luck. I did this damn exams with three kids and life was not easy. You all can do it next time so please dont stop trying. You can start after the new year. For now just enjoy the xmas and new year. I know it's easy said than done . But remember we all went through this nightmare.

:-/ :-X :P ::) :-? Well, in our present society, success is everything and the maxim is Winner takes all. Anyway, thanks for the kind words and sentiments!

Any successses from the La Nua Psychiatric Day Hospital in Galway, Ireland?

Dear justice thank you for your kind words. I was devastated to hear about your result given the way you performed. but you know this exam is not predictable. I know you are a fighter and you wouldn't give up. all the best

I saw one girl at least on the list who I met at La Nua who passed, Justice. Just have to wait for the feedback (if I don't burn it before opening the envelope :lol: :lol: :lol:)

Congrats to all those who passed the exam.......

Sorry for you Ros.....though i dont know u personally i was hoping that u will definitely pass the exam, but dont worry, u know its luck......sometimes the unexpected things does happen. :-? Enjoy ur christmas and the new year......

I agree with Psych12345 and others..yeah this is about luck. So those who didnt pass this time i am sure they will next time.... All the best

I passed and thank you all

:)

:-/ :-X :P ::) :-? Well, in our present society, success is everything and the maxim is Winner takes all. Anyway, thanks for the kind words and sentiments!

Thats not right justice... I didnt want to write this (and sound even more preachy/ pretentious)...

But I had to say this here and now... (I wouldnt have bothered to say this if I had not passed, because i would have been suffering from psychomotor retardation... nevertheless this is the way I see it)

Success is not everything... it is temporary...

and

not all good people are succesful and not all successful people are good....

The way I see it... If I know a person is good, passing or failing an exam does not change my view about that person...

Once I know it... nothing else matters...

Cheers...

i felicitate with those who passed the exams and empathise with those who did not

i hope the new format will be more humane and passfriendly

the whole oral exams is nothing but a piece of mess i have come to understand by talking with brillant people who end up failing is that there is no objectivity in the oral exams 2 people can say the thing with one failing and the other getting honors. :-X

to my surprise I passed; it was my third try

hope the exam pass rate will go higher from spring and those who failed now will pass with flying colours

Friends, well done to all who passed. I passed too.

For those who have not passed, remain strong. it will be soon and you will be sailing in the same boat.

I failed too............. :-/ and am not worrying any more...... congratulations to all those who passed and best of luck to those who failed.............. lets do it all over again...........like OCD patients, this time with perfection........... I can feel the pain as I failed for the first time in my life.....but as my friend says you never get to respect success until you have tasted failure............... :lol: so lets drown our sorrow in thames and cheer our self with a drink in celebrations of those who passed........... ;)

Well done, guys, congratulations to all those who passed....39.6% pass rate  :o

Ros I too feel sorry for you...........this exam is shear luck............I dint feel disappointed after my clinical as I felt after theory.............but result went the opposite way...............never mind lets do it again..............it's not over yet ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) when will it get over :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

congrats to all who passed.

i failed and it feels like my world has fallen apart. not sure of my next step. it was my second attempt, not sure what the new system is going to be, however where there is a will they is a way.

aluta continua.

Thanks to everyone for their kind messages. It took me two goes to get part 1, which is the main reason I did it this time at all- wanted to have two bites at the cherry before ST4....good to know that at least I have achieved a certain amount of self-knowledge in my life!

It will make the next 6 months rather busier than I had hoped, but at least I won't be trying to do it all in 8 weeks for the written again. And on the plus side, I know I can pass OSCEs. If I had passed this time it would have been because I got away with it- I hope by next time I will be a superb psychiatrist in every way (rather than just in the things I'm interested in as now ;):lol: :lol:)

Pandit- couldn't have put it better myself.

Onwards and upwards, my friends, or in the words of a friend of mine...KOKO (Keep On Keeping On)

See all you guys who didn't get it this time in the Paper 3 threads-we'll nail it next time ::) ::) ::)

I saw one girl at least on the list who I met at La Nua who passed, Justice. Just have to wait for the feedback (if I don't burn it before opening the envelope  :lol: :lol: :lol:)

Thanks Ros. I'm down BUT NOT YET OUT and I have already started thinking towards the March exam, unless the college changes its mind. I've always viewed life as a crucible. Cheer up guys and let's move forward and put the disappointment behind us (I know it's easier said than done)! :):lol:

Thats not right justice... I didnt want to write this (and sound even more preachy/ pretentious)...

But I had to say this here and now... (I wouldnt have bothered to say this if I had not passed, because i would have been suffering from psychomotor retardation... nevertheless this is the way I see it)

Success is not everything... it is temporary...

and

not all good people are succesful and not all successful people are good....

The way I see it... If I know a person is good, passing or failing an exam does not change my view about that person...

Once I know it... nothing else matters...

Cheers...

Respect Doriannevergreys & Dorianisdead for those powerful motivational and inspirational words! I'm moving on already. Also, many thanks to all who have soothed us all in our sorrows (dare I say Blessed are the comforters for they will be comforted?). ;):lol:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0