• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gurpal

Online Essay Club: Essay No. 4 of 10

3 posts in this topic

It's useful to have an idea of how service provision is adapting to the needs of the 21st century. For this essay, you'll need to read about the NSF, CPA, NICE, etc. It's the sort of information you can include in most essays.

Q: &quot:lol:iscuss the impact of recent reforms of the National Health Service on the provision of psychiatric services.'

Just a clarification,MRCPsych is an international exam,hence will such narrow topical issues like 'new NHS' can come up for the essays.

I wish web master could clarify the query. :-[

You are right - I don't think that the questions would be so specific, ie NHS in the UK, Mental Health Act 1983, etc. However, that doesn't mean they don't ask questions on developing a service, how to go about writing a new Mental Health Act, etc.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that it's good to be aware of recent developments in real life because it's the sort of factual information you can include in essays which ask you about the management on any illness. The seven points in the National Service Framework can even be the framework (!) around which you plan an answer. Similarly the changes in the Care Programme Approach can be included in an essay on the management of serious mental illness. The inclusion of mental health alongside heart disease and cancer in the NHS Plan is making a big impact on the provision of services at the moment.

Also, in the PMPs if you really want to shine, you could illustrate why your particular approach to a problem would also reflect the changes introduced by the NSF, CPA, NICE, etc.

Links to summaries of these government documents are available in the Official Documents page in the News section of this site... ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0