sweetpychiatrist

LLM Mental Health Law

5 posts in this topic

Anybody here studied for LLM in Mental Health Law done in Northumbria University?

On 09/04/2019 at 22:08, sweetpychiatrist said:

Anybody here studied for LLM in Mental Health Law done in Northumbria University?

I appreciate this was posted a long time ago but I am currently on the course if anyone has any questions.

I was wondering how much studying/reading time you spend on this course per week? Do you think it’s enough to read for it in the Special Interest Session once a week?.... Or it requires long hours of studying at home as well?.... I am asking because I really like it’s idea, however I am afraid to commit to in case it needs long hours of daily studying, as it might be difficult with little kids around..

On 23/11/2019 at 21:27, sweetpychiatrist said:

I was wondering how much studying/reading time you spend on this course per week? Do you think it’s enough to read for it in the Special Interest Session once a week?.... Or it requires long hours of studying at home as well?.... I am asking because I really like it’s idea, however I am afraid to commit to in case it needs long hours of daily studying, as it might be difficult with little kids around..

How much time do you get for a Special Interest Session? 

To be honest the intense part of it are the essays; you are expected to submit a 3000-word essay every term (and then your final year is the 20,000 word dissertation). When writing my essays I would take two full weekends doing the reading and the writing would only take me half a day.