Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gurpal

Feedback on Part II Essay paper Autumn 2002

9 posts in this topic

Please post your comments on the essay paper! I'd be grateful if someone could post the essay questions.

hello,

essays were something along the lines of.....

schizophrenia...physical health....social factors.

gender not important.....to evaluate on the basis of epidemiology,presentation and treatment of affective disorders and schizophrenia.

harm reduction.........abstinence....alcohol...opioids.

bye for now >:( >:( >:(

I think the last one was arguing for and against harm minimisation/abstinence.

Does anyone know how they actually mark the essays?

the essay topics almost caught everyone out in think. i suppose if you have answered all the bits in a question, that is important. all the questions were double barrelled.

essay paper was ok, seemed better than many past papers i had seen. They gave clear directions for the answers they expected which i thought made it easier to answer. Did anyone else feel this was the case?? 8)

Has anyone got the exact wording of the essay questions? :-/

Here are 2 of the 3 in a pretty accurate form:

a)      'There is no association between severe and enduring mental illness, physical ill health and social disadvantage.'; Discuss in relation to schizophrenia.

B)      (Approx) Discuss how gender affects presentation and management of psychiatric illness

c)      Harm reduction and abstinence targeted treatments are both used in the treatment of addictive disorders.  Discuss the relative advantages and disadvantages of each approach with reference to alcohol and opiate addiction.

(Sorry about the middle one - didn't attempt it !)

Be seeing you,

No. 6

The second one was 'Gender has no relevance in psychiatric illness. Discuss this with specific reference to scizophrenia and mood disorders'

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0