Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
psychodoc179

Countdown to Part II written results

30 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

Just about 72 hours left for our fates to be known...

how is everyone feeling?

my anxiety levels seem set to crash through the roof..dunno what lies in store!! anyways fingers crossed!!

Very nervous. Woken up by my other half in the hall around 4.30 this morning, after doing my stress head sleep-walking thing (only ever happens in the run up to exam results).

It almost seems as nothing beyond Friday morning is that important at the moment...., and that starting work for the clinical & PMP will anger the Fates

tempting fate has been the best excuse that i have used too in order to prevent me from feeling guilty about not doing any preparation for the clinicals so far!!

Are the results out ? I am stressed ..........cant see it .WHERE ?????????????? :-/, Could someone give me the site link for the result please. Where on royal college website ?

Press F5 to refresh your browser if it still shows the old results

:'( I opened the site two times refreshed it. Its still showing part I results . Where are the damn Autum 2004 results ? :-[

good luck for the clinicals to those who passed....to those who didn't better luck next time!!

But its not there on the Royal college site ...where is it?

Vandana, in case u still struggle to see the results, they are definitely out at this link:

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/traindev/exams/latestpass.htm

GOOD LUCK FOR THE CLINICAL TO THOSE WHO ARE HAPPY like me ::)

For those who are feeling disheartened.. I know how it feels, just keep cool and try it again with more luck, but before that have a go at the College and insult them for a couple of days at least for putting us in this ridiculous stress.. I was shaking like a bloody leave in the wind till ten minustes ago!!

Ciao

Congratulations to all those who passed the written and are moving on to the clinicals:)

For those who did not make it this time, do not lose heart. Take a break to recharge yourselves, then start again. The revision will make you all better psychiatrists in the future and no effort is ever wasted.

Goooooooosh....... the results are out. My name is not there and as usual, i'm hoping that i ticked the box (which is having your name witheld on the internet!!). Past experience shows, this doesn't help. But hey...... why not. Another sleepless night to find out which part of the exam i messed up this time.

Sick of blaming the college and i think i'm turning against the self........... is it depression guys????

Anyway, Good luck to all those who passed and prepare well for your clinicals.

To the rest of us, better luck next time!!

cant believe actually passed the theory....thanks to this website and all those in the forum for the MCQS-great help!!!!!

Well i passed the written for the third time, now comes the clinicals (both parts of which I have passed at separate attempt!) so here goes the whole gut-wrenching, ego shattering process again. Whilst waiting for the written results , I was wondering how I could pick up the pieces yet again and have yet another go at this whole miserable process. This exam affects physical and mental health and I have been one of this planets slightly less wonderful wives!!!

I have heard rumours that in 3-4 years or so this whole exam will be abolished.

Maybe someone should be in touch with Amnesty or some other organisation which challenges torture......

should there not be a 'Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Psych Trainees?'

hopefully this shall be third time lucky for you amygdala1!!

Phew! Passed! :o

amygdala1 - what has been your experience like in the clinicals :-/- could u please give us all the graphic details!! :'( :'(

My experience of the clinicals has always been overlaid with my extreme anxiety which leads to a total disconnection of tongue and brain! I have twice been asked about delirium management, symptoms and difference from Dementia in PMP's. I was also asked about managing ADHD. I have blocked most of the details! One year I had a man with Othello syndrome and was asked for a psychodynamic formulation which was quite staight forward (passed the long case that time!) I did both my attempts in 2002 so I have not tried the really structured new PMP's yet.

The best piece of advice I have had this time is to go in as if you were an sPr who is modelling the correct approach.

You're not the only one amygdala1. I've passed the theory exam twice before and in my first clinicals one of the examiners fell asleep in the long case and I complained to the Royal college but all I got was the standard 'your mark should stand' letter.

In my second attempt, I didn't pay attention to 'the risk to myself' in the PMPs. And although the examiners felt that my knowledge was quite comprehensive, apparently the antisocial personality man in the first pmp managed to kill me cos I agreed to see him before I called the police and I should have called the police and then seen him! So any knowledge is useless if you're gonna get killed by a patient!

Yeah, this ****ing exam has ruined my life and it after 2 years of having no life whatsoever it feels like I've developed some kind of learned helplessness. I work with registrars who are less experienced than me and they give me the wrong intructions and I have to abide by the rules, how bad is that?

I know I should be happy that I passed the theory for the 3rd time but it scares me that I'll have to go through the same process again and I pray that my next examiners won't be as mad as the ones I've had and that the candidates examined on the day won't be as intelligent or look as smart as those I've been examined with and hopefully they won't have any nice accents either ;)

sounds like getting thru the theory is no major relief...the sterner test is round the corner.

so does luck play a predominant role in one's performance during the day or does our effort in preparing for the exams also count?

it seems a bit unfair that just approximately an hour before a set of examiners on a particular day is enough for them to decide that we need to go thru the entire trauma again!

one of my colleagues got a rude examiner in the long case and she asked the examiner whether he wanted her to elicit anxiety symptoms or depressive symptoms in the patient and the examiner told her to 'do what she liked' said in an irritating manner. She failed the long case.

approx 160 of us will fail the clinicals food for thought eh.

Actually, learned helplessness describes it very well. I'm so scared I can't focus. I feel as if I'm some sort of loser for not passing this exam when so many SHO's with just 3 years experience pass it first time. Once upon a time I was a bright ambitious child who believed- no, who KNEW- she could do anything. I wish I knew where I could find her again.