Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest sex-kitten

appeal process stinks

3 posts in this topic

I recently failed part II in spring and have been going through appeal process

in short I stormed the written (66 overall)

the PMPs were OK (12)

the long case they completely stuffed up the timing

the patient was late (and asleep) I walked into the interview room and he was already there, so I didn't get my preparation time, then he asked to leave early so that he could get the best sandwiches. the invigilator forgot to tell the examiners that I had only 25 mins with the patient

they had really vague questions like - didn't make much eye contact did he?

they gave me a bare fail 8

appeal result - they realise there may have been some 'procedural inadequacies' and so are giving me a REFUND!!! oh and it doesn't count as an attempt

>:(

has anyone else ever appealed and been successful or knows any stories to cheer me up

my tutor appealed when i failed the mcq's in part 1 by .1%

(i.e didnt make the osce). They eventually wrote to me after the Osce was over stating the mark stood.

well well, i failed by 1/12 of an ISQ how could this be possible.

I havent heard of a positive outcome yet in any appeal procedure, I know one candidate who was seriously ill and couldnt do clinicals, and they refused to allow deferment of the clinical exam but repeat the writtens again....

hi!

disheartened to see these posts. i just failed part 2 written. high scores in crit review and essay and such a low mark in MCQs,which i dont think is even statistically possible(even with pure guessing!). have asked for recheck but sounds like i will get the standard letter! i have heard of 2 people who asked for rechecks, including one by a person who said her feedback from her failed clinic didnt even sound like hers!! all the marks stood. makes you think....