Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Navdeep

ESSAY PREDICTIONS - AUTUMN 2004

40 posts in this topic

have to say essay predictions probably a waste of time.

better to know a little about most things than a lot about a few things.

the bmj ran alot on alcohol this year, so its basically endless,, anything can come up really.

Iam expecting an essay about the mental health Act,but Ican't think of how to ask a question considering there are candidate from Ireland and Scotland

if they do ask a q about the mental health act they will alienate the irish and scottish candidates who probably have no interest in the mental health act uk anyway. Its much the same as irish candidates having to learn about Uk govenment white papers etc which are also of no interest to anyone else except uk

Typical college..

May be too recent for Autumn, but how about drugs in dementia? Topical, covers cholinesterase inhibitors, use of atypicals in dementia, psychotherapy/non drug therapies and social interventions. Could be 'drugs have no place in the treatment of dementia - discuss'

Hi Carlo,

Did u give subheadings like

INTRO,

MAIN BODY :o (sounds silly but.....??? )   :-/ :-/

Hi Carefree,

No, is not silly but I couldn't help smiling thinking of the subheadings :lol:

NO! Don't subhead!

Just go ahead and do the essay,, the usual practice is to prepare an essay plan in the first page were u r welcome to put ur subheadings down and scribble ur ideas as to how the essay will be.

Then u move on and start writing (Time is short!!) in the essay-style

:)

Thanks Carlo!

Some people (including Consultants  ::)) are even talking about posing questions in the essay as u go along - along with subheadings  :-X :-/

To give an example -( Say in an Asylum Seekers Essay)

Who are asylum seekers?..........................................................................................................

What problems do they pose?.........................................................................................................................

How can we meet the challenges?........................................................................................................

What can be done to help them........................................................................................................

U c what I mean?  :-/ :-/ :'( :'(

Do u have any idea about Essays given in Guilford course?

Carlo - Dear sir - where art thou? ;) :-*

THE FOLLOWING ESSAYS CAN COME THIS TIME

ADHD IN ADULTS

TREATMENT OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS

CARERS

BIPOLAR - LITHIUM AND OTHER TREATMENTS

ECT

ASYLYM SEEKERS

STIGMA

HEAD INJURY - No essay on organic psychiatry for long time

PHYSICAL ILLNESS IN PSYCHIATRIC PATIENTS

PERIANTAL PSYCHIATRY - SERVICES

Sorry carefree.. I didn't check this section for a while.

The question - answer could be an idea, although I'll stick with the traditional descriptive-argumentative style.

Sorry.. no Guilford course notes available for me.. I'm still waiting for those who attended Manchester to write down the headings,, but it don't seem to happen

Nevermind

Good luck everyone!!

Sorry carefree.. I didn't check this section for a while.

The question - answer could be an idea, although I'll stick with the traditional descriptive-argumentative style.

Sorry.. no Guilford course notes available for me.. I'm still waiting for those who attended Manchester to write down the headings,, but it don't seem to happen

Nevermind

Good luck everyone!!

it nearly changed my mind

i think the consensus is that the changing minds campaign has failed, just like 52% of us will too!

I was informed of these 2 new questions in Manchester Course & the rest are the same as in Spring 2004:

1. suicide rates continue to increase. what aetiological factors contribute to completed suicide/.What can be done to reduce the incidence?

2. patients with chronic mental illness are further disadvantaged by poor physical health. Discuss the reasons why this may be the case. What can be done to remedy the situation.

Good luck.

Thanks Elma!!

Finally some1 bothered to answer :)

If the essay on suicide is out tomorrow, I'll owe u a few drinks

Good Luck, too!

:-*

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0