Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drphalaksh

for amateurs

4 posts in this topic

to

dear web master and other senior collegues in superego forum,

it will be tremondous help, if u can guide me and others taking examz in septmbr for da first time.

a methodical approach to tackles essays will be the key.

if anyone has any suggestions regarding how to start praparing for it, will be most appreciated.

so far i have been struggling because i have been trying to do too many things, like reading articles textbooks and going through different topics in superego forum.

dont know which one is the right thing to do. i guess its not only me but quite a few guys new to part 2.

thank you :)

I am due to take part 2 as well.

The way i am preparing goes thus

1.Read articles from APT -starting with the latest n going back to how far i can go.

2.Within the articles are references ie the important ones.

Noting them to include in my essay preparations.

3.Reading SOTP, just to have an idea.

4.Reading EBMH and doing the same as APT

5.ISQ/EMI

6.I will not go 'essay spotting' but write essays with themes in mind, assimilating interesting facts and must know facts

I have found that reading the editorials in the BJP and the occasional review articles that they publish can be just as useful. Both quote the really important references. The editorials are written in an essay (debate) style usually.

hey guys this is interesting, might be useful as well,

this is an paragraph from a debate published in APT,

by

Is early intervention for psychosis a waste of valuable resources?

Anthony J. Pelosi

Hairmyres Hospital, East Kilbride G75 8RG, UK.

Max Birchwood, Consultant Psychiatrist

These teams claim to have special skills and yet their papers and book chapters on intensive early intervention simply describe some basic aspects of good practice in the management of psychotic disorders (Birchwood et al, 2000; Edwards & McGorry, 2002). These publications read like extended essays by a candidate for the MRCPsych examination — and they would not even receive high marks since they gloss over the ethical and clinical quandaries that are faced when compulsory treatment has to be considered.

so get hold of those atricles, might fetch u some marks at least,

sorry, just thought it was funny,

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0