• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Tarn

Handwriting

4 posts in this topic

Discussing my terrible handwriting with my consultant today, he suggested that I should write my essays in BLOCK CAPITALS. Would I be penalised for doing this in the exam?

Not as much as if they can't read it ;)

Watch out though - block capitals can be just as illegible as normal case writing. The key might be to slow down a bit (a lot of people try to cram in too much and the handwriting deteriorates - 90 mins is loads of time if you plan appropriatley). And definitely double space (ie leave a blank line between each line of writing). This improves legibility considerably.

Also consider careful use of both an essay plan at the start and headings as you go through that means an examiner struggling with your writing will be able to keep up with the thread of your discussion.

Finally - your handwriting is not inevitably awful. If you practice at it it can improve (so none of these 'my writings always been bad' excuses)

Hope this helps

Be seeing you

Writing in block capitals is also quite hard work as it's not such a natural way in which to write, so it can put quite a lot of strain on your hand. You might regret it in the afternoon session when you're trying to tick all those boxes for the ISQs/EMIs!

to wirte in caps sounds like a good idea if yoru handwriting is terrible but agree with all the comments given.

i would suggest is to buy a 4-line notbook which we used in primary school and write 2 pages on it everyday.

i guess practise is the key !!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0