HeatherMH21

Dissertation Research

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone,

I was hoping some of you could help with my BSc dissertation. 

Survey Linkhttps://hwsml.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eKFLqsr3D86Nry5

Request:

My name is Heather Hodges and I am currently in my fourth and final year of my undergraduate degree in psychology at Heriot Watt University (Edinburgh). I would like to invite anyone who is working in the fields of psychology or psychiatry (e.g. psychologist, psychiatrist, psychotherapist, therapist, psychiatric nurses etc...) and living in the United Kingdom, USA or Germany to take part in my survey.

Research Title

The title of the project is: Cultural differences in the treatment decisions of two body related disorders using the ICD-11 (There is a link provided to the ICD-11 in the survey). Please not this does not require you to have extensive experience with the ICD-11, I myself had never used it until choosing my dissertation title. 

What participants will have to do:

Upon accessing the link participants will be presented with an information sheet detailing more information about the research project and well as my and my supervisor's contact details. Participants will be asked to answer a demographic questionnaire. Participants will then be asked to read a patient profile and using the ICD-11, select a diagnostic code and answer a series of questions. This will be followed by a second patient profile and similar questions. Participants will then be presented with a debrief sheet. 

This project has been approved by the ethics committee. Participants information will be kept completely anonymous and confidential. 

Are there any risks?

There are no risks anticipated with participating in this study.

Are there any benefits to taking part?

There are no direct benefits, although it would be interesting to see the results of this project differ from others using the ICD-10.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my request and a huge thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to help me out!

Heather