Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nehal

help plz

5 posts in this topic

Hi memebers,

iam struggling with essay preparation part,every one says read hot topics but what is hot and wats cold, iam finding it difficult to differentiate.can any one tell me wat are the imp topics that need to be memorised for essay and will past essays be repeated.

pls tell me best way to select topics for preparation of essays. iam really struggling to figure this out

u need to have an essay plan for major topics

Schizophrenia

bipolar

CBT

depression/treatment resistant depression

personality disorder

old age psychosis/depression/ psychotherapies/dementia

autism/aspergers

community teams ...AOT/CRT/Early intervention

Anorexia/eating disorders

Asylum seekers

Schizophrenia/cannabis induced psychosis

Anxiety disorders

ADHD

Basic knowledge abt epidemiology/etiology/management /prognosis/some key studies for each disorder .then u can write any essay using the above knowledge.

hey chiru.. let me tell you a secret... if you are confident about schizophrenia in and out and then you stand a very good chance in passing the essay as the college has been asking atleast a question about schizophrenia.. so start from the biological aspects, historical aspects and run through till proper management and prognosis.. keep this as a model and try bipolar and personality disorders... just refurbish your knowledge about forensic bits and about services like assertive outreach, crisis resolution home treatment, liaison, camhs service model and so on and so forth.. ......

I don't understand why people say you should revise hot topics. What is a hot topic? This is a psychiatry exam, not a current affairs exam. I have now sat and passed the exam twice and all six essay questions were to do with standard psychiatry topics. Funny that!

Wise words from Elton Road. For a list of hot topics, consult the contents page of any psychiatry textbook.

I think 'hot topics' have more relevance for job interview situations rather than the essay paper in the MRCPsych Part 2.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0