Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paglaa

WHAT ARE CONSULTANT MADE OF?

4 posts in this topic

HI EVERYONE

i am just awaiting my part 1 result and in my fourt job in a rotation

after working with diff lots, its just amazing how diff. consultants deal with anxiety of similar nature and intensity.

sometimes, i think how the hell he passed his exams? as passing is not studying hard its being smart and being in control.

my question is what are the consultants made of?

they could all be catgorised as v.v. good to something like 'ohhh man........well if he could be so could any one else.'

i would like to see people points of view on what u think they are made of?

WOW What a lovely question.

I feel you have to categorize generally and specificallyie

specialitywise which will remind us all of the usual standard version of jokes.

My favorite ones are definitely here ,the eternal containers of everyone elses anxieties.Bless their souls

MHnn,

&nbsp:lol:on't know what to say,but I feel sorry for them as they don't seem to be in control of even the patients.The nurses are more powerful than our consultants in my own view.They are unable to defend our rights[junior doctors]and i am not sure they command the real respect they deserve from all and sundry.

Rosie

I think that paglaa's question is very complex and layered (would make a good part 2 essay!!!)

In answer to it I wouldn't know were to begin. My own understanding is based on a series of observations made over the last few years.

Whilst doing child, I was trying to find reasons for why I didn't think it suited me. One of the explanations I have found is best described in the following analogy: I can't watch people crash, but I can help pick up the pieces afterwards. - This strength (for it is a strength) simply isn't something I naturally posess, but big respect for those that do. Keeping calm and in control, offering sane and unbiased advice whilst all is going on infront of you, that seems to me to be an important ability for a child consultant.