Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
srk

essay plan

10 posts in this topic

hi ,

i have just started my preparation for the essays. will someone be kind enough to post a draft of how an essay should be written, that would be very helpful as iam totally lost with it.

thanks.

A very brief outline:

Divide essay into 3 sections

1. Introduction

2. Body

3. Conclusion

1. Introduction

Define the key words highlighted in the essay title. Include stats such as incidence/ prevalence if appropriate. Say why this topic is important e.g Government focus, media interest, implications for training etc

Then tell the reader what you are going to discuss in the body of the essay. E.g 'In this essay I will discuss the pros and cons of..........'

[highlight]Say what you are going to say[/highlight]

2. Body

In essays which ask you to discuss, always talk about the advantages and the disadvantages, or the reasons for and the reasons against.

It helps to think in terms of some of the following:

*who, what , when , why, where and how?

*in-patient or outpatient/ community

*short-term and long-term

*gen adult, old age, child, other sub-specialty

*financial considerations

*medical ethics

*risk issues

try to include references if possible.

[highlight]Say it[/highlight]

3. Conclusion

Summarise in a couple of sentences what you have talked about in the body of the essay.

[highlight]Say what you have said[/highlight]

Give your position statement: your opinion, your view of the matter.

make recommendations for further work to be done on the topic/ research in the area

There's more that you could include, but this is a rough guide.

Dear justme

Your essay plan is simply beautiful and very useful for me today to write essays in the exam

unfortunately not many books are available for this topic except one by c.williams

many thanks once again

If you are just beginning (and in a way struggling), there is a course conducted by the Lily reps. Ask your local lily rep for details if you are interested. Haven't been to it but sounds as if its very basic stuff.

Dear justme,

Thaks a bunch for the outline of the essay plan! I can make a serious start now. Better late than never. :o

Hi

I was just thinking the important likely essay plans I should be preparing for the exam.

I could think of Mood/Bipolar and service provision.They did not appear in the last few exams.

Would people share what essay they have been thinking for this time round.

Every Part II paper I've ever seen has had a question relating to schizophrenia.

hi,

I would expect an essay from old age which hasnt come for some time now .Like depression late age psychosis, carers role in old age.

Suicide is still a possibilityor violence and schizophrenia.

what shizophrenia related topic is important this time.

immigration came last time.how about expressed emotions??

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0