• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jursh

PART 2 ESSAY MARCH 2007

5 posts in this topic

Guys, could anyone who attemted q 3 in the last exam give me a shout. How did you plan your essay?

Dear I am in the same boat as you. I have done that question. I started by a general sentence that choldren are the future of nations and that any problems with them need to be tackled ( something on these meaning). then spoke about the problems in child hood from attachment, depression and then ADHD. I gave the definition and how it carries on ( including conduct and defiant disorders and truancy) and that it may give anti social disorder as adult. then I was out of ideas. I mentioned the counter arguement of phisycal disorders beening specific to certain ages and do not progress and that mental illness are different and that the treatment of mental ilness wil improve the quality of life of children and adult if there is no cure. and some other woffle. but I don't know if that was the right trac or I was completely off line. :-/ but again I say it is not worth worring about because there is nothing I could do now.

I started with overview of childhood mental illness, dividing it first into those among child and adolescent psychiatry and children with learnind disability, after blabbing for a while i went into ADHD,defined it and gave both the DSM IV and ICD 10 criteria for diagnosis and then went into it's impact on children and adolescent wether treated or untreated. Then remembering a bit of the editorial in BMJ 2007,I argued about the impact of misdiagnosis in adults...... i was lost for a while then at the end made recommendation for the need for psychiatrist to be able to diagnose and treat adult ADHD as it responds to stimulants just as childhood ADHD. Didn't remember much about Dave Coghill's article in sept 2004 issue of APT.

this looks fine to me esp given the short time to organise our thought. but let us hope for the best. ;)

Hi

Can anyone remember the exact wording for the Q3 Essay?

The consultant I work for reqested the same.

Apologies if this is already posted in another thread. i've been away from the cafe for the last two weeks.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0