Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
psychodoc179

Such a long wait for the results!!

51 posts in this topic

its a week today since the clinicals got over...and i cant stop wondering why does the college require a month to give us our results? people in other branches get their results the same day or within a week..so why do we need to go thru the trauma of such a long wait?

it seems absolutely unfair.....

can anyone suggest ways to enjoy or atleast cope with these long days before the 17th?

I have had the exact same thoughts -its unbelievable how long the days seem when there is no studying slotted in-for the past few months all Ive done is study or find ways to avoid studyin -now suddenly I dont know what to do with myself -feel guilty about chillin out -

anyways am off on holiday to the states for the next 10 days or so -should be back in time for the results-(just when Ive finally chilled out!! it will probably be time to hit the books again).

Go on holiday-take a break-god knows we deserve it!!

it has never been so hard to wait; i feel completely despondent and just cannot bear the thought of going through it all again..

well just ten more days now...

hopefully we will all be smiling at the end of this torture period!

As the days are going by, my anxiety levels are rising. Just the thought of going thru part 2 exams again is TOO daunting.

Thankfully the work Christmas dos start tonight - 3 drunken evenings between now & the results.

I'm sick & tired of waiting!!!

Good luck to all & Don't Panic!

pdewarren

Whilst I was working out how many more days of nails I have left to bite on. I was wondering how you had only three drunken nights to wait. Then I noticed, on another post of yours, beer was only £2 a pint in your local (compared to £2.75 in mine).

At those prices I supose 1 night turns into two, two into three, three into................

:P

good luck and enjoy the beer

well alcohol sure seems to be the 'in' thing...and i think its gonna play a big part next friday too..either as celebrations or to drown our sorrows!

The waiting part is the hardest.I wonder why it takes one month.Do they add the written part?.What is the percentage pass?How many of the pmp,s does one need to pass.This is agony.

omniol

3 drunken evenings equates to 3 works dos - my other half's, my teams & the Drs dos. 2 nights on call (so not drunken). 2 nights in (so moderation only)

Good luck, abd stop biting your nails when you draw blood

Phil

I don't know whether it is worse to wait or to arrive at the time when you scan the list with your heart pounding to find that yet again your name is not there and you must watch yet another cohort of your contemporaries pass you by. Yes of course you can have another go and those SpRs who used to be junior to you will help with clinicals- it is harder to bear each time. It is difficult to keep remembering that I am actually a good psychiatrist....

i hope that this is the last time we have to do the exams....

anyways we are on the home bend now..and just a matter of four days before we find out!

the 'anticipatory anxiety' is just numbing!

Only 43 hours 30 minutes to go.....

31 1/2 hours now...

(on call & waiting for a punter from the cop shop)

Hey it is only 23 hours now, that is if the results come at 10 am and not earlier. By the way raking up the 'why does it take so long for the results to come out'.... i do not understand (a) they have the marks we got probably the minute you finish both the pmps and long case, (B) let us say it takes a week for all the results to reach the Now not so royal college why a month, puzzles me i can only think of ........royal college being short staffed or a commitee sitting to discuss whether a few more condidates can pass or few more have to fail... whatever it is WISH YOU GUYS AND GALS A VERY BEST OF LUCK FOR THE RESULTS !!!!

Hi guys,

I hope you manage to catch some sleep tonight. Not long to go. Best of luck.

cheers.

ya yay yayayaya!!

stop counting on the net fellas,making everyone nervous.hope to get some sleep tonight though it may be slightly difficult.

good luck everyone.

ah sleep seems to be out of the question tonight!

the counting however continues...17 1/2 hours!!!

all the best everyone

i agree that the wait is extremely long, BUT it could be tha in one of those meetings the examiners are so fond of, one of us is deemed to have passed instead of failed , so it could have been worth the wait.

Couple of hours left ??? ???

Somebody told me that Royal college wait so long to announce results due to demographic reasons.

Can someone write to college about this ???If somebody pass written and fail clinical,next time he should be taking only clinical exam like all other specialities.

thats a nice positive way of looking at the delay too!

i dont think the results would be out tonight....the written results were out at about 9.20..so that leaves us with just about 11 hours to go!!

I think of the MRCPsych part 2 Clinicals as the crap ECG machines we use on psychiatric wards. Sometimes you can see every possible abnormality on the tracing and the machine will still say 'probably normal ECG' and sometimes you see a perfect tracing and the stupid machine will say 'probably abnormal ECG'. I think of myself as a normal tracing with a probably abnormal ECG label. Often with the same patient, I keep printing out until I get 'Probably normal ECG' and I think that is what I need to do: keep repeating until the stupid machine says 'probably normal'.

So guys a pass in the clinicals doesn't necessarily mean you're a good psychiatrist. I know of people who don't know psychosis from depression and still passed this exam. So if you pass today, please do us a favour and don't give us lessons in how to pass this exam!