• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gurpal

Feedback on Part II ISQ papers Spring 2003

17 posts in this topic

If you remember any questions, please post them below!

1) Nicotine increases attention in non smokers

2) Asked  3 questions on chromosomal microdeletion syndromes with respect to chrs 11,13,15 and Prader Willi Syndrome

I wish I could remember more :-[

The only prep I did for ISQs was the questions in the superego bank. I did them using the internet as a resource (generally faster at finding answers than textbooks on all those obscure subjects). Many of them came up again! This bank is worth going through.

The sciences paper was guessing - didn't really make sense to me. The clinical paper had a few questions which they gave us at the Manchester course but basically not much of what you could read in books or journals would help! Hopefully someone clever remembers some questions - I can't - head was busted.

ISQs - Spring 2003 (wording might not be correct)

1. Clozapine can be used with Carbamazepine.

2. &nbsp:lol:oxazosin can be used safely with Reboxetine.

3. 1% of children in Japan have a reading disorder.

4. Perinatal insult predicts or increase chances of violence in later life

5. Gender difference for affective disorders increases with age.

6. Passivity experiences are diagnostic (?) of delusional disorder.

7. People with LD are more sensitive to side effects of antipsychotics.

1,2,3,4 - Iso******** is reduced /increased in schizophrenia ...

a) Has anyone heard of this?

B) What is it?

c) Why do we need to know it?

???

Feeling very tired

Was Profschizophrengie or whatever just a red herring?

1. memantine is useful in vascular dementia

2. memantine is useful in Alzheimers dementia

3. sokratic questions are used in CBT

4. neuroleptics cause lethal side effects in Lewy Body disease

5. leukarriosis is associated with gait disturbances in dementia

::) ??? :-[

(1) clozapine acts at D3 and D4 receptors (2) children develop a fear of heights under the age of 12 months.

(3) when an autocratic leader leaves suddenly everybody stops working

Basic sciences...HELLOOO!!

But re: clinical I must admit doing the exam second time that some of the questions were repeated from the autumn and previous spring papers...superegos bank helped there, and so did manchester course.But still ended up making silly mistakes anyway...so here goes again!

Oho-salaa-jee

Had me speaking a different language by the end of the basic sciences paper-worst than being in camp x-ray. Aimed to finish it early but when actually there the double negatives in the ISQ's had me in a bit of a complete thrill-great credit to the college-!st attempt at the exam-despite what previous folks have said-until one actually sits the paper one does not realise the complete waste of time ANY basic sciences revision was!!

I have spent all my life discussing specific reading disorder in the 5.5 to 9.5 age group in guatamala but not japan!

ISQs submitted by jacopo

1-Sick role and illness behaviour are synonimous

2-Clozapine produce less sedation than typical A.P

3-Clozapine produce less postural hypotension than typical A.P

4-Typical A.P produce a long term D2 blockade

5-Alcohol and diazepam combined side effects are mainly pharmacokinetic

6- In sociological term iatrogenesis and side effects of medication are synonimous

7-Lewy body spectrum disorder includes Parkinson's.

8-reading difficulties are associated wit othitis media

9- Psychosis in TLE mainly associated with non dominant focus

10-Herpes simplex causes progressive memory loss

1 aggression are expressed in hierarchies in wild baboons. 2. blunted TSHTRH response in depression. 3.clonidine induced GH response blunted in depression.4 leadership ability depends on task orientation.5 lithium inhibits inositol depletion.6 cimetidine decreases antidepressant levels.7 xyy related with more aggression. 8. people percieve tallness as more confident. 9. multivariate statistics can be measured by least squares. 10. non parametric statistics can be measured by least squares. 11. early occurence of low iq seen in subsquent generation. 12. pantothenic acid leads to wernickes . 13. HIV can iead to alzhiemers. 14. onset can be chronic in wernickes.15. amniocentisis detection possible in phenylketonuria. 16. phenylketonuria can be treated by tryptophan diet. 17. normal speech and language development in fragile X syndrome. cont....

18.dietary alteration can reduce the incidence of MR in hartnup. 19.0.1% -0.2% of genetic disorder can be detected in next generation. 20. decreased somatostatin levels seen in AD. 21.treatment of depression in CFS improves prognosis. 22.sleep apnoea seen in left venticular failure. 23.acamprosate is a glutamate antagonist. 23.british psychiatric morbidity survey 1% of people have suicidal ideation past week. 24. in old age , 5% are manic episodes. 25. prognosis for depression is better if depression occurs early. 26. frontotemporal atrophy favous picks more than AD. cont....

There was stuff that was so obscure that I still can't quite recall, but I noticed that it was (in undigestible list form ) in the basic sciences chapters of Puri and Hall if only I'd actually tried to learn it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0