Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
amygdala1

child mcq\'s- tricky ones

9 posts in this topic

1) Conduct disordered children have no defecit in executive functions if there is no ADHD

2)Conduct disordered boys usually get approval from NON DEVIANT peers

3)In a 14 yr old boy with school refusal, depression is a likely diagnosis if there is no history of missing school

4)Adolescents have more of symptoms related to body perception in psychosis

5)Adolescent girls who intentionally self harn have a history of parental criticism immediately preceding the episode

??? ???Sheer logic & guesswork!! ::):P

1]false

2]true

3] true

4]true

5] false

:'( :'(

Conduct disordered boys usually get approval from non-deviant peers

FALSE (I think) - can't find any specific reference but Companion to psych studies mentions poor peer relationships in conduct disorder (pp669-670)

conduct disordered children have no deficit in executive functions if there is no ADHD

TRUE (??)- Reference in J Child Psychol Psychiatry 2002

In a 14 yr old boy with school refusal, depression is a likely diagnosis if there is no history of missing school

TRUE Puri & Hall p355

i think I need to find a proper child psychiatry textbook....

executive cognitive function and conduct disorder, there are well described associations with conduct disorder and deficits in ECF. These deficits are thought to be part of a complex aetiology. See works by Claire Hughes, paper; ECF and hard to manage preschoolers. No ADHD necessary. :-*

1.False - I would consider impulse control to be a form of executive dysfunction which is certainly present in Conduct Disorder in isolation.

2.False - Socialized Conduct Disorder patients may gain approval from their DEVIANT peers only.

3.True - At 14 school refusal may be a symptom of psychiatric disorder such as depressive disorder or a phobia. Berney(1981) found more than 40% of school refusers to be significantly depressed.

4.?False - not sure what the comparison is here, but I can't find any evidence to suggest that adolescents experience any more somatic perceptual abnormalities than patients older or younger than this. Is this an allusion to the often non-specific complaints of very early onset psychotic patients?

5.True - DSH in this group is often preceded by arguments with parents or boyfriends.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0