Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rob

EXAM RESULTS

5 posts in this topic

I have noticed that the pass rate from this Autumn are the lowest for some time , certainly last year and Spring this year saw a pass rate of 47.95 to 49 % . This autumn the pass rate was 43 % , dissappointing result .

I wonder if this is because the exam was generally more difficult ?

You are right the examination result was very poor this time - only 43% passed. But important thing is that I finally passed teh examination.

However taking into consideration the stress I underwent for this examination I would try my best to help as much as I can for other doctors who are appearing for Part 2 examination.

I would be regularly posting tips, MCQs and other material on this site for benefit of everyone.

Dr Hussain

Portlaoise

Ireland

Well done to you for passing. Is it incredibly stressful with alot of luck thrown in . But make no mistake there is no substitute for clinical experience and confidence and learning form past papers .

Once you have finished the exam the intensity steps up with SpR interviews and the game continues .

dunno about the exam getting difficult.may be the regulations are changing.may be they are restricting the pass percentage

i passed the exam too and i didn't feel as if the examiners gave me a tough time at all.may be i am wrong.we have to see the next exam pass percentage before we can even draw a hypothesis i think!!

dear folks :) :),

i am not sure if the exams are getting more difficult but i would like to comment how immensely useful this super ego web site has been ,in preparing for this daunting exam. i spent atleast 1/2 of my total revision time in front of the net browsing and learning facts from this forum . i have been lucky in some ways. i read a post about someone who failed the exam twice in the pmp section ,that too on a'' teacher pmp'' both times. he /she had also written that his parents were teachers!!!. i was so worried becos my mom is a teacher and somehow i had a feeling i was going to get that same pmp. i prepared the teacher pmp several times and i told my consultant what my fears were. she simply laughed. but to my surprise i got the same ''55 yr old teacher pmp''as my first one.it was exactly the same one i had practised over and over again. i passed the exam . i have also got an spr number in the manchester training scheme . i am truly grateful to the SUPEREGO CAFE. I WILL CONTINUE TO POST REGULARLY .

THANK YOU. 8)