Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest rjain

please clarify

8 posts in this topic

Dear all, :D

1. do you have to pass basic science and clinical mcq paper individually or total of both papers.

2. To pass part2 theory , do you have to pass its individual components separately or pass combined total. for eg if i am borderline fail in essay but have done excellent in mcq papaer, would that compensate for the essay paper and potentially get me through to the clinical.

??? ???

thanks a lot!!

I appreciate the general concern about passing the written paper but never really understand this question (which crops up occassionally). There's no way you can revise for a 'bare pass' (or even a 'bare fail') - the only thing you can actually do is prepare to perform at your best on the day.

The pass mark, or the pass rate, or which bits to pass are all really distractions to revision, false comforters or anxiety raisers.

Just do your best, what else matters ?

8)

no 6 what u said is certainly true at ground level. but everyone has got some weakness. i have mine. so by asking these questions i was trying to find out if my strengths could compensate for my weaknesses or should i work a bit harder on my weaknesses.

its just a bit of planning to channelize your scarce resources in best direction to achieve the desired outcome :)

thanks for your opinion :D

The scores in the written paper are marked on a scale from 0-20[also in clinicals]

For a pass in the written, one should get a minimum score of 8 in the essay paper. There is flexibility in critical review and mcq's, in that u can compensate one with the other. U should get a minimum of 6 in these papers, but if u get 6 in mcq, u should get 8 in critical review and vice versa.

So for a pass in written paper- u should get either

mcq-6

critical review-8

essay-8

or

mcq-8

critical review-6

essay-8.

in the clinical, u should get a minimum of 10 in both long case and pmp's or if u get 8 in one, then u should get 14 in the other.

ie for a pass, one should get

long case-10

pmp-10

or

long case-8

pmp-14

or long case-14

pmp-8

This is reliable info, and I know it as I flunked clinicals last time and got the feedback which explained everything

please don't ask me how they arrive at these scores. God only knows it.

it is out of 20. it is not an equal interval scale ie difference between getting 2 & 4 is not equal to difference between 4& 6. As I said, I don't know how they arrive at these figures

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0