Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sandeep

? poor exclusive club

3 posts in this topic

hi everybody , I am writing after a long time...well..read something important and thought of sharing:

ANNUAL REVIEW 2004

Autumn 2003 par1 part2 spring 2004

candidates 749 506 775 561

pass (theory)451 366 466 405

pass 343 244 355 269

1st attempt 294 175 275 200

2nd 37 42 59 44

3rd 10 14 14 9

4th 2 5 7 9

5th - 8 - 7

'The examinations department made as surplus of £137703 with once agian , an increase in the number of applicants'

hmm..........what to say , when I took part 1 spring 2002, there were only roughly 500 candidates

what people think, is psychiatry going to bottle neck at the top very soon just like surgery?

sandeep

the bottle neck may not come just from the number of people taking the exams.it shall also come from the overseas consultants who are being given the post even without sitting the exams!

it ironical because friends of mine very similar in seniority and training to many cosultants like that,came to UK and underwent training from being a SHO and they were not allowed to sit the exams till they had completed the mandatory training period!! laughable what the college does.

thanks for your statistics sandeep, many of us do not see that part of the exams.

and i have heard that overeas consultants get MRCPsych conferred on them at the end of two years..so that they can continue work here after their contract expires!!

very strange when here we are slogging off for the exams.