Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zoran

BMA Membership

5 posts in this topic

What benefits are people deriving from their BMA membership (£360 a year)? Is anybody a member and considering cancelling (like I am) and why? Would it be a bad idea?

Is anybody considering joining and why?

What sort of BMA services are people using?

Only service i ever found useful was bmj classified which can be accessed on line for free. Medico-legal issues can be addressed thru the MDU.So no real value for money.

I cancelled my subscription ages ago and ive got no regrets.

i have always been a member of both the BMA and the MDU.

well,i don't know what service they provide is worth the money we pay but i have contacted them for a lot of things regarding pay, on calls, etc etc.i am the junior doc co-ordinator and sometimes when meeting with the trust managers its kinda useful to know somethings before stepping in.

if you ever have a problem which will need the BMA fulltime,they will not step in if the index problem has happened before you became a member.so it is more like insurance-you pay for something that may happen.choice is yours to take the risk.

likewise ,

I cancelled mine years ago and got a nice tax rebate . I agree it is not value for money and darn expensive too considering that the journal is available for free as well as the classifieds . As far as medical protection goes , it is limited and you still need MDU or something similar .

so my advice is DITCH :lol:

I was never a member!

For all the above reasons quoted.

But yes good idea to collectively make the rep/coordinator a member!!to fight for the justice of Jr Drs

I will be joining in as I come closer to CCST completion!makes sense doesnt it.