Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mechu

best of luck

24 posts in this topic

Dear friends,

please avoid going through the general discussion section about pft/hsmp etc. Just focus on the exam and study. Bottom line tips are

1. get good sleep the night before

2. have good breakfast

3. don't waste any time in the actual exam and sit till the last second

4. if you can't get the calculation questions right in the first go, just leave it. Break down of marks is wide anyway.

5. If you are running out of time, straight away jump to the last few questions as they are always simple and can be answered with general knowledge rather than critical review skills

6. dont keep any questions for later review thinking you will come back to it. You just won't. it is now or never.

7. dont hesitate to leave difficult questions. dont spend too much time thinking of an answer

8. keep it neat. remember to write in different booklets. number the answers properly. try to answer in short sentences, saves time.

1. spend time on choosing the right essay and making a plan

2. do the easy one althought you feel everyone else would do the same

3. keep it legible

4. remain optimistic in every opinion

5. underline stuff that you are confident about

6. drop in some vague name for reference if you are not sure

but dont underline it. even things like icd 10/ nsf/nice are all references. Reference is not the thing that decides if you pass or not.

7. try to insert some diagram, even if for a silly stuff. think of ways we use in psychotherapy to explain circles etc to patients. just do something like that or do a table

8. write a good intro and conclusion

9. make clear side headings.

1. for ISQ papers, just have a guess. remember, everyone else is doing

the same thing.

GOOD LUCK AND MAY GOD BE WITH YOU ALL

good luck to all those taking part 2. And I agree with dk14

good luck to all,enjoy the lunch break and of course the post exam drink or chill out.yes dk14 you're spot on.thanks for the post.

Good luck everyone...

I got this bit last time but fell at the clinical...

I just REALLY hope I can get the written again, felt like a fluke last time ;)

Best of luck to everyone, looking forward to getting tanked up this weekend...oh yes! :)

well guys its been a pleasure working with some of the finest minds around.

i wish to to do the same for clinicals with you all.

good luck and take care.

If you have passed the theory once, you will definitely pass it again.

Because, it is just a game and once you learn the rules, you wont go wrong again. For those who are taking it first time, don't get emotional or tensed. Just play the game and give it your best.

The most important thing is to NOT GIVE UP ANY TIME, EVEN IN THE EXAM HALL.

When I saw the CR paper last time, the very first question put me off. I didn't know which type of study it was. Immediately I thought, that's it. I failed. If I dont know the type of study itself, how will I answer the other questions on it. I better get up and leave. Then, somehow I recovered and went on. I did pass and it later turned out that lots of people didn't know what sort of study it was. This itself speaks volumes about the validity of this exam. So, please don't give up hope at any time until you give the clinical exam. Keep telling yourself that you can answer the next question if not this one, the next paper well if not this one. I am sure it will take you a long way.

sorry I am sending a second post in the same thread. I just couldn't resist. It is these small things that make all the difference on the day, not how many hours you spent with your books.

What to say...

Pleasure here, too!

BEST OF LUCK FOLKS!!!!!!!!!

Or, as we say in the Med: Kill the Wolf and F** the Whale :lol: :lol:

Good luck everyone.

You've done lots of work already. You know the subject. You've done exams before. It's not a matter of whether you can do it or not. It's a matter of getting there and doing it as well as you can. It may not guarantee a pass, but it makes it more likely. Go for it!

Good luck.

best of luck to everyone siting the exam 2mr :)

good luck everyone taking part2

well said dk14

forget everything else and concentrate on the exam

u can fight the battle with hsmp another day

All the best to all taking it 2mrw!!!....

show us the way so that we can follow ur paths in the not too distant future

cheers!

thank you for all the tips.....hopefully i can retain my sanity for one more day.....!

good luck to all!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0