Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest caringguy2255

Need help for these please

14 posts in this topic

1. Delusional desorder usually preceeds dementia

2.5 HT3 is an anion channel

3.Perinatal complication are a risk factor for bipolar disorder

4.A typical 14 year old british boy will use solbents in the next 6 months.

5.A 12 year old girl c/o repeated sexual abuse by her father - interviews using anatomically correct dolls are appropriate

6.Specific reading disorder rate in school children in uk is 20%

7.The sign test should not be used below 20 observations

8.With NA-reuptake inhibitors, presynaptic alpha2 receptors are likely to be more sensitive to blockade

9. The CT scan is usually found normal in advanced CJD

10.Proteomes are collections of proteins in a cell

1. Delusional desorder usually preceeds dementia

False. Delusions can arise in people who suffer from dementia and I guess they may preceed (more often they follow) dementia, but they don't usually preceed it.

3.Perinatal complication are a risk factor for bipolar disorder

False. They have been linked with the aetiology of schizophrenia, but I haven't found anything on bipolar.

4.A typical 14 year old british boy will use solbents in the next 6 months.

False. According to Measham et al, 1993, up to 22% of teenagers aged 14-15 living in the north west of England had been offered solvents. Ramsey et al (1999) talk about 6% of 16 to 24 yr olds who'd tried 'glue'.

5.A 12 year old girl c/o repeated sexual abuse by her father - interviews using anatomically correct dolls are appropriate

I'd say False. Dolls are probably used in younger children (?).

6.Specific reading disorder rate in school children in uk is 20%

False. It's between 3 and 10 % (Goodman & Scott, 2nd Ed, Pg 208)

7.The sign test should not be used below 20 observations

False. I've never seen any restrictions in numbers of observations. The sign test tests the hypothesis that, given a number (n) of pairs of data, the median of the differences in the pairs is zero (i.e. no difference).

On this example (http://mlsc.lboro.ac.uk/documents/signtest.pdf , see point 2) you can see that the sign test is being applied to a sample of 12 individuals.

8.With NA-reuptake inhibitors, presynaptic alpha2 receptors are likely to be more sensitive to blockade

True. Blockade of presynaptic alpha2 receptors helps increase release of NA.

9. The CT scan is usually found normal in advanced CJD

True. 'Neuroimaging with CT or MRI is useful to exclude other causes of subacute neurological illness but there are no diagnostic features'. NOTP, pg 406

On the other hand, EEG changes may show characteristic pseudoperiodic sharp wave activity (in around 70% of cases). Serial EEG is indicated to atry and demonstrate this appearance (NOTP, pg 406)

10.Proteomes are collections of proteins in a cell

True. Proteome describes the entire complement of proteins in a given biological organism or system at a given time. Cellular proteome would be the collection of proteins in a given cell. Complete proteome is the complete set of proteins from all of the various cellular proteomes.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proteome

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0