• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drskiran

Spring 2007 Part II Exam Online Group

15 posts in this topic

Hi Friends,

I would like to find if any one of you is interested in meeting online regularly for preparing for Written part of Part 2 exam for Spring 2007

kiran

Hi Kiran

I will be happy to join you for on-line discussions for part 2 written ( March 2007 ) and as we go along more people may join the group

Best Wishes

I'm interested aswell!

shall we start by discussing the essential buy's for the part-2

i mean the books.

i have booked for the manchester theory course.

is it essential to go for a course in critical appraisal?

I think we will probably spend a few weeks agreeing that we all want to do it and then we will see.....

;)

what do you suggest?

Dear Trinity

manchester course does cover critical appraisal and if you start discussing about it with colleagues, then this may help. having said that, I attended a 1 day superego cafe course on critical appraisal which I found it useful, along with material. same material is given in their book, A Doctor's Guide to Critical Appraisal which is a good book.

I can suggest a very simple and basis book on this topic for you which will cost less than £10

The Pocket Guide to Critical Appraisal

Iain K Crombie

BMJ publishing group

ISBN 0 - 7279 - 1099 - X

Hope this helps your query

Hi Guys

Can I join your group as well?

Any plans yet how to do this? :-?

Hi all:

Also keen on joining in.

Have attempted part II once, so...

On critical appraisal I attended Super Ego written course, also read a couple of books (found the course easier to follow). Good to get Royal College book with past papers and model answers. I got a 20 on critical appraisal and I had never paid much attention to it before, so...it's possible to do it.

Olga

You got 20? That's 100% isn't it?! Just as a matter of interest did you complete the paper?

Hi Elton:

Not really. I completed question B (I wholeheartedly advise answering that one first, as it is shorter and normally less involved to answer), but left at least two of questions in A not completed due to lack of time. The 20 is in average with other people's performance (and from my feedback is about 65%, really) and I guess people don't do that great on this paper. Also learn definitions and try and answer questions that do not require in-depth analysis of the paper in question A (there are always some general questions not requiring calculations, etc). And characteristics of different types of study designs. Always come in handy and do not require any calculations.

Olga

Hi Guys, i have started preparing for the spring 2007, can i join your group?

Khurram

Folks, this is my 2nd attempt, i didnt take the first one seriously, but i am just getting started. i didnt score good in any of the 3 sections. the problem is how should i prepare for the basic scinces MCQ paper?

Khurram

Hi Khurram:

If you had feedback from your exam, you probably got the same advice I did. Get into a revision group and practice ISQs. I've tried to join a live revision group, but most of the SHOs I know have decided to prepare for their interviews rather than attempt the exam on this occasion (unless some of the people who did not pass the clinical decide to try this time, but I haven't had a chance to ask, and it's Christmas). I'd like some advice on that too. Some people say just do as many ISQs and EMQ as you can get hold off. I got the only book I could find about basic sciences ISQs and I'm going through it. Of course the forum is another source (most people I know seem to use that). I've tried revision books but didn't seem to work very well for me. Let's see if anybody has any useful tips.

Good luck to all:

Olga :-?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0