Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stanmachine

Psychotherapy Requirement

11 posts in this topic

Is it true that you must have finished your psychotherapy long case before sitting the Part 2 exam?

u dont need tohave even started one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In theory you are supposed to have met the, but I have yet to meet a tutor who actually chec ks. If you have been accepted already, then you will be fine!!

Good luck.

as regulation you should, however every body undrestand that most psychiatrist do not do psychotherapy, and the number of psychologist who can supervise you are limited, so the college but mainly your supervisor would be happy with basic pychotherapy, it all depends on your supervisors letter to the college, but cetainly you donot have to fininsh any long case prior to the exam so far....

I've done plenty of psychotherapy cases (long and short), but nobody asked me before or after I did my Part II exam.

I was allowed to sit my Part 2 exams and I have been issued my membership certificate. Did not do a single case in psychotherapy. Hope that helps. Cheers

if you ask me I think it helps in answering the original question...

Not so sure if it was helpful for you though...

You're absolutely right Godzilla and I am making amends now by taking on 2 cases. However I am not entirely sure I would want to have a zillion psychotherapy cases without my membership. I have found the 2 cases I have taken on interesting and of educational value, however at the end of the day I am a psychiatrist, and just really want a safe and basic working knowledge of psychotherapy. Hopefully I'll achieve this aim. Once again thanks for your concern.

As a corollary... your long case need not be a psychodynamic... it can be a CBT case as well... especially if you find it difficult to get supervision for psychodynamic case..

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0