Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zoran

What music do you listen to while revising?

16 posts in this topic

I find light orchestral, jazz, and 'monotonous' piano better than silence or traffic noise. Vocal tends to distract me.

I prefer chinese music for my breaks as, being completely unable to understand what's going on, I can relax with the rhtyhms

i enjoy listening to the local radio!!! strange as it may sound. :o

vocal used to distract me but i guess that was when i prepared for essay type exams....i find that hving music n someone talking in the background actually makes me concentrate better (u dont always listen to wot they r saying on the radio anyways)

n the icing on the cake....i actually entered a competition on radio n won a free cd!!!! :lol: :lol: all this while revising :D

I've got a CD of birdsong, babbling brooks etc so that I can pretend I'm studying in the great outdoors.....I was also given a CD of rain & thunderstorms but found that one a bit anxiety-provoking and NOT revision-friendly at all!

i know it isnt music....

but i enjoy having comedy dvds running in the background - that i have seen before! I have the def jam series from 1 to 12 and i just play one after the other

Other wise its hip hop/ rnb

Heavy metal helps! cant understand what they're saying most of the time and keeps you awake... :lol:

i love d tv on while reading,it could be musical tv or film i ve seen before that way i wont get bored on time because i found reading in a quiet secluded place very very very boring. i rest my case

;)

i love to listen to the 1812 overture with all the banging and fireworks going off represents my brain after a study session hehe

i usually listen to baroque music (oral and instrumental).

also some Bjork.

OH DEAR, why on earth did I say oral?

Freudian slip?

Oh dear...

I love listerning to pink floyd...

psychedelic:

Of, characterized by, or generating hallucinations, distortions of perception, altered states of awareness, and occasionally states resembling psychosis

I don't listen to music while studying anymore, especially since I passed my MRCPsych.

When I was studying for my medical finals, I used to have Vivaldi, Handel or Bach playing in the background at a very low volume, anything else was too distracting.

King Tubby, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Stones, Nina Simone, Robert Johnson, Pogues, Who etc

AND THE F****G MUSIC FROM THE FLAT UPSTAIRS

I think the trick is to listen to stuff you know really well because it doesn't distract you because you're used to it.

I tried without on the basis of state dependent learning, but I just couldn't do it!

It has to be unidentifiable random classical music. Unfortunately I'm tempted to switch to something more distractable far too often...and that includes football commentary on Saturday afternoons

Fela anikulapo-kuti instrumentals!

..exotic?...yea, i know!!sometimes crazy too.