Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zoe

Successful Appeals

10 posts in this topic

I did not pass my first part OSCE in spring 2005.However, everything went off well.Unfortunatley I did not make it.Obvioulsy I did appeal....

Did anyone appeal for their first part OSCE in spring 2005? Was anyone successful? or Does anyone know off anyone who has been successful?

Some people must have been successful with their appeals. All could not have been rejected or just given their money back...

Can someone please give me some details.

(Really clueless about this)

Bad luck with your result

Having failed one station and passed the other 11 in Autumn 2004 I appealed my overall fail mark.

No joy - it was a severe fail in the one station. Guess I must have been lucky in the other 11.

I got through in Spring 2005 though no word if my performance was any better - can only assume I didn't have another severe fail.

Previously I've posted my views about the Surprise Exam in the OSCE section.

May still be worth appealing but don't hold your breath.

unless there was any problem during the exam that was caused from the organising side,an appeal may not work.

if you think you did very well and you definitley could not have failed,try and explain it to the royal college.i haven't heard of anyone who was successful but it may work.atleast for your satisfaction,you can try and appeal.

Dear Zoe

I had applied for appeal last year OSCE as I had severe fail in 1 station but there was no use

I was told about 1 successful case so for a few years ago but I do not have any details

Best Wishes

Dear friends,

while this whole appeal thing has reached 'urban legend' status amongst trainees, I have found out that YES there have been cases that results were reversed...!

Good luck to anyone thinking about it...!

Dear, Petros

Can you please give us more info. It would help a lot of us.

Dear All,

I never had the opportunity to appeal myself and I do apologise by sounding so enigmatic and so promising....

I was told by one of my consultants that she sits in the appeals committee at the College and that they had many cases that appeals were successful.Whether this is true or not I cannot comment, but again I trust her....on the other side one might argue that a successful appeal might be the one that you get your money back!

Who can be sure with this college of ours that we all have reservations about, but we are all dying to become members of....

I would definately say though, that if you will get your peace of mind by appealing, then go on and do it!

Good luck!

yes, appeal on part2 exam this year went successful with candidate from leicestershire NHS trust as i work with him , he was also had a refund for exam fee .

ALI

thanks for that Ali!

It was just as I was sounding romantic!

Would you know on what grounds did he manage to be successful and how on earth he managed to get his money back!?????

thanks...!

if u were given the wrong marks (i.e marks of another candidate in error you will have a successful appeal)

If they cant investigate anything you get your money back.

stupid college (hope they read this)