Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gmehta1975

diploma  clinical  psychiatry  irel

20 posts in this topic

dear friends , I shall be taking the diploma clinical psychiatry ireland exam conducted by royal college ireland (dublin) in coming may hopefully . I shall be grateful for any specific/general advice regarding this exam including preparation etc

thanks

gmehta

if u r a psych trainee,u shld ave no problems.....the exam was designed primarily for G.Ps.

me and a couple of my friends sat last autumn,and it was just a joke-as i think everybody that sat passed!

best of luck!

Can someone post more information about this diploma exam(i could not find anything on the net).

Dear webmaster.ther is something wrong with this site(no iam not paranoid) i just posted reply as you can see above.but i have noticed there is one more post on my name:see below. which i did not post .i just returned from busy on call.

Re: diploma clinical psychiatry irel

« Reply #1 on: Today at 6:24pm » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi

i am one of the psychiatry trainee. i am sorry i don,t know anything about irish psychiatric diploma but i was curious to know about it. i will be thankful if you could tell me where can i get the information about that?

thanks

you can also see time of original post posted by gmehtha1975 at 6.30 pm today.and my reply to that post was at 6.24pm :o :o

Re: diploma clinical psychiatry irel

« Reply #1 on: Today at 6:24pm » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi

i am one of the psychiatry trainee. i am sorry i don,t know anything about irish psychiatric diploma but i was curious to know about it. i will be thankful if you could tell me where can i get the information about that?

thanks ..

you must be having IP of above post.if possible i want to know if someone else is using my ID.

if that doesn't work, enter www.rcpi.ie.,then select exams and u shld find dcp page there.

thanks for your prompt reply OMC ,

could you please give me more details please --what are mcqs based on (what topics)

what are viva questions ?

which book I have to read in detail

yes . I am a career trainee .

thanks and regards

gmehta

read the clinical section of core psychiatry 4 d mcqs.

u can apply 4 past essay questions frm the rcpi.

vivas may include any management problem.

the dcp and dpm are two diff exams. dcp meant for gps but dpm meant for psychiatrists.

I have taken dpm 2years back and found that all who appeared passed. the questions and the case videos were actually quite comparable to mrcpsych though.

I could only find DCP on the website www.rcpi.ie/exams/dcp

shrink Can u pls give details of DPM

one of my collegue mentioned about the DPM exam at

?? Guys hosp London but he does not have any details.

???Anyone with some info pls let me know

the diploma in psychological medicine (DPM) is surprisingly conducted by the royal colllege of surgeons in ireland so you need to check their website and not the royal college of physicians in ireland.

they have all the details there. contact numbers and other things. I dont have the number for the lady dealing with DPM applications now but you can reach her by calling rcsi number given of the website and ask for the person dealing with DPM. when i took the exam, it was being conducted once a year only in november. there were plans to make it twice a year but not sure what happened afterwards.

cheers

point of correction here dcp is for both gps and psych trainees, the requirement is 6months experience in psychiatry. the dpm has been suspended till further notice