Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
psychrai

crisis resolution team

8 posts in this topic

Hello guys and gals,

Could some one say where i can get information on CRISIS RESOLUTION TEAMS and the role of individual staff within the team!

8) psychrai ;)

Hi there,

as far as i know through the system functioning in my trust, CRT 's main role is to act as the gatekeepers, i.e to prevent the admissions. they mostly consist of the nursing staff but can consist of a psychiatrist as well.

In our trust they really play a major part in offloading our oncalls as they r the first line of contact by the primary services.

thanks for the links fellas! that was useful.

crisis resolution i think isn't well funded yet and personally,i haven't seen it make life easy for SHOs.well may be in a few years time it will or may be the other way around,like manyethnic minority teams will disppear into thin air!!

may be even the NHS will by then-the way we are all slogging and the funds being misused.we may have a budget deficit and then they may have to stop free health service !!

lets hope things don't workout the way i think it will

Dear all

Our trust has a 24 hour consultant led crises service running now for two months. It has made the world of difference. Just last night I got handed over five patients at 21H00 in A/E plus a 136, with help of crises team we wisked through them.

Most of them have previous experience and they have a lot of outonomy in admitting and discharging patients.

My only concern is that they are getting a lot of experience. It's a bit of sweet and sour for me really. On the one hand I welcome the extra help, but with nursing staff becoming more and more trained I am getting a bit paranoid about what the role of psychiatrists are going to be in a underfunded field of medicine in the future.

Already SHOs are starting to panic about SPR posts :o or lack of it ! This uneasy feeling is echoed in Medicine and Surgery as well where nurse practitioner's are 'helping' out as well... but the problem is the less work there is the less posts there will be.

Already our trust is considering decreasing our banding due to the introduction of Crises service.

With our basic pay not increasing - the mortgage etc. I can see a dark moon rising...

I am usually an optimist but training within the NHS is becoming more and more competitive and advancing too quickly seems almost suicide.... there are so few SPR posts.

What to do???

hi everyone!

i am going to start working as locum sho in CRT v. soon, so it will be great help if u guys can give some info on the role of sho in the team and career progression.

thanx :)

You might want to see the studies on CRT done by Johnson et al in September's BMJ and also Aug (I think) BJPsych, both published this year.