Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
super7577

Numbers passing ...

9 posts in this topic

I was surprised to see the number of people who have passed Part 2 written this time. Its an increase of 25%(548 cf 436!! good luck to all of them) over Spring this year. This certainly means a significant increase in those gaining the membership. With little or no increase in SpR posts, what does the future look like for new members?? Any comments??

Good point!

Knowing our college do you think we might need to wait for the final results though?

if my theory/fear proves right, the we/they(college) and people sitting the exam 'won't' have any problem to face other than sit the exam again....

What do people think?

My theory is that the college is so uncertain with the changes re:PMETB and MMC that it would like to get as many people with MRCPsych as possible with the traditional exams. This is irrespective of whether they get SpR positions or they languish in non training posts.

That's an interesting point, toyota. But I doubt it very much. Apparently the College wasn't prepared for so many people to pass and they struggled to assign (find?) places for the clinicals (of course, it could all have been very well rehearsed). I don't think there have been more people passing Part I (awaiting OSCEs) either. And I can't see any benefits for the College in more people passing Part II (any thoughts?).

By the way, interesting what happened to your spelling of PMETB... ;)

Well the college is quite worried about its status after PMETB goes into full swing. Hypothetically people may be awarded CCT and bypassing the college.PMETB actually takes a lot of say and possibly power from yhe royal colleges. Also in the new system of training there will be much more assessors needed than there currently is. The more members the college has in this short space of time the better for its standing and reputation in the long run.

P.S a typo... was the reason i got PMETB wrong in the last posting.

I wonder if a proportionately larger group of people sat the exam this time???

This might account in part for the better results. Anyway, the College have had enough practice in whittling down numbers to suit their needs... >:(

P.S a typo... was the reason i got PMETB wrong in the last posting.

Yes, that's what happens when you type a 'P' straight after a ':'. Still... Freudian slip? ;););)

so guys... when do you think that our college exam would be abolished? any idea?

what will happen if one doesnt pass part two within the time frame?

Now this is an interesting question with this new run through training. whatever happens to those still in the process of training. Pre part 1 ,post part1, and post part 2 without SpR posts. Apparently on the MMC website it is suggested that such individuals will have to compete to enter the appropriate stage of this new system. The big question will be about concurrent validity wouldn't it? It really is ridiculous. Just as u get used to one way of doing things then it is all change please!

As for the MRCPsych exams it looks as if they would still exist but definately not in the current format with probably less exams overall.