Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nwe

New Members Reception May 2006

11 posts in this topic

Would appreciate if people who attended the NMR in the past could share their views about it.  ::)

I can't believe they charge for guests - don't the royal college take enough money from us to offer a drink to family! chutzpah!

overall a good day to see what for you have toiled and sweat for!one also feels bit 'hey afterall it is an exam and there are many who have done well like me'feeling.

Doesnt justify the fee they charge particularly in terms of hospitality.food was ordinary

highlight would be to meet all the names mentioned everywhere on RCPSYCH materials in person and the photo session.

;)

Yeah .... and isnt half the poitn of these ceremonial type of events to actually visit the place ur cheques have been (and will be!!) funding?? I dont even think it is near the college.

also whats with the ceremony NOT being on a weekend, nevermind being on a friday (lunchtime - busy time for some!) ??

Also £30 for guests -paah!!!

gosh am in a seriously complaining mood today ...but when doesnt the college stir u up when they start asking for more money in a rediculous fashion!!!

>:(

oh gosh!! what a privilege!!! they'll photograph us and put it in the blue rag!!! omigosh! i can hardly wait!!!

pah! >:( >:(

I too am planning not to attend...seems a whole lot of bother going up to London for an afternoon and ending up having to pay for ur guests!

I did go and am very glad I did. The guest price was exorbitant and the food very disappointing but I completed the circle. I had had so many moments over the past years when I felt like a failure when I did not pass that now I could share my delight and pride with my family. I fact we made a weekend of it and joined other members of my family for a celebratory meal (Tamarind- VERY yummy!) and the following day enjoyed my success with my husband and my credit card!!!

Actually, I forgot to order a photograph but I have a very good picture in my head of the smiles on the faces of my husband, mother and little brother!!! I could not have passed this exam with out my husband's tireless help and support- endless cups of coffee, shoulders to cry on and a willingness to help me revise resulting in him being able to define NNT , reasons for an assossiationetc!!! :D

Amygdala you always seem so content ! I recommend 2 radiohead songs three times a day

when is this new members party? I have recently passed but since then I have only heard from the college when the payment did not go through!

Have u all got the membership certificates?

No certificate yet. Annual reception for new members is on 5th May (1-5 pm) at Kensington Town Hall in London. You should get the letter soon.