Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shankaro

college examiners part 2

13 posts in this topic

is it ethical that we list out our individual examiners who examined us (i remember the names of mine) and then discuss their styles?

Also it might help shed valuble light on their predujices if any, and sort of alert future candidates before they actually confront these gentleman.It well could be that their own shos or ex-shos are membersof the forum who could contribute to their pet likes and dislikes.

Candidates are not forbidden to do so and i think it may bring to light some interesting points if the examiners are talked about here!

Zonk,

i am unsure if you can list the name of the examiners! please consult someone before putting names on the forum. it may end being bit sour!

shankaro!

the same answer to your question. consult someone before writing names.

cheers

If we are unfortunate enough to get the difficult examiners, by knowing that they are difficult before hand, we would be increasing our misfortune because we will enter the room with increased anxiety/bias/pessimism.

we need to think carefully as to what benefits are we going to get, by finding out about the examiners.

I think we should list the benefits and diadvantages first and then decide if it is worth it.

::)i think examiners should have been listed here if they were rude and ignorant?

why not?

why hide them,?

why let them get away with it?

?they are playing with our careers?

#they volunteered to become examiners.. no one asked them.

If they cant stand the heat or the repercussions of it all Tough.

I have no sympathy for them if they are obnoxious or do not give candidates a fair chance...

:P

I agree with the above comments

I have no doubt in my mind that some examiners enjoy

practicing their highly refind skilles based on their stereotyped views , or their vindictive attitudes or angry feelings towards others.

I think it is useful to have some insight into  the practices of some of these personalities.

... and examiners could put in a few postings to let us know what howlers we make in these circumstances  :lol:

Nothing serious of course, just a few candidates names and how they dropped all their papers on the floor, forgot the patients name, couldnt remember the symptoms of depression and said the patient was hysterical !

Hmmm, perhaps not.

Happy Christmas

Given that the results have only just been posted I think that the decision to post names of examiners and comments about them may be emotionally charged, and likely to contain fairly aggressive comments.

Delaying this for a little while whilst investigating whether there clear guidelines about this somewhere is likely to make the final decision a lot safer. Lets face it, if the motivation is to help others(rather than purely to let off steam about difficult examiners)then this can wait.

so lets assume one of u guys coem up agaisnt aan examiner whom u haev heard all about in this forum,, how different woudl ur performance be??????.. bare in mind that if u meet a nasty one ( which coudl very well be a subjective opnion of a poor candidate) u r more liely to lose ur nerves and perform wll below ur level,,,, add to that i knw from our local college tutor that examiners who cosistently mark cadidates either too hig or too low are excluded after being warned

so chill out adn do ur best coz lets face it , u have to bring the locus of contoll internally ,,am i right? 8-)

i think its unfair to post the examiners names .. we ourselves write using a assumed name or a 'username' that odes not give away our identity (usually)... so why should the examiners be treated differently!

Besides, knowledge of your examiners would not really help you in the clinicals. Would you really do anything different just because you have read somewhere Dr X is quite picky or Dr Y always seem disinterested? You would not much time anyway and could make things worse by working yourself up even more in a stressful enough situation. I think time is better spent in consolidating your strengths and working on your weaknesses rather than study up the reported characteristic traits of examiners. ...my 2 cents...