Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Maja

part II written - lunchbreak

16 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I wonder if anyone could tell me what we do for lunch on the exam day for the written. It seems that there isn't a lot of time. Do we bring butties or is lunch provided?

Thanks for any answers.

Maja

Well, the royal college is not so kind as to provide u with lunch. U have an hour's time in between which is more than enough to get a decent lunch

And to have a break from the stress of the exam!

The MCQ papers are quite enjoyable....u can have a good laugh at the impossible questions the College serves up post lunch!

i feel it is best to bring some lunch instead of queing for half an hour in a subway shop or some other shop where half your fellow examinees will be in.

Typical scenario is, bring your own lunch, find an isolated corner, eat without really tasting it as you go thru some last minute MCQ's!

Seriuosly though, you really don't want to spend precious time & energy walking up & down the high str trying to find a cafe, as the 1hr goes really fast.

why not do that? the fresh air and change of scene could do you good. it certainly did it for me.

anyone fancy going to the pub? Soft drinks obviously. On a more serious note: if exams are being phased out (are they?), does that mean that the royal college will pass more people?

If you know the answer and it's no, please don't reply!

I leave lunch break up to individuals... I like my Sushi place as it relaxes me between the papers... and have a nice green tea.

May I suggest to gather for the most important bit: THE POST-EXAM PINT?

Whoever is up for it stays outside the hall with the let's-have-a-cigarette-finally lot and says the magic word: Pint?

I'll be in Fulham.

Cheers

Last time, lunch break was for for over an hour I think. It should be given in the exam booklet that you get with the hall ticket.

However, more of an issue is the breaks between each papers. The toilets are limited and there is a long line of candidates. The time gap between CR and ESSAY is only 15mins. Make sure you exit the hall quickly and stand in the line and get back to the hall fast. The same thing between ISQ papers, 15mins.

some of the girls last time asked to use the closet toilets(the ones with the doors) in the mens due to the time factor and this was allowed with understanding.see boys are not all that bad.

As long as they weren't using the urinals in the gents! :lol:

no they weren't but some guys who looked like gals were.hee,hee no offence to anyone.

there were quite a few eateries near the Hammersmith Hall, so lunch away is not too bad. 1 hour is actually decent.. my friends and myself actually had time to have a cup of coffee after lunch and attempted to do a crossword before heading back to the ridiculous basic sciences paper.

if you're heading to edinburgh there are enough shops around.with the present weather of rain and snow better stay dry and bring some lunch.last thing one wants is to be soaking wet while doing the basic sciences paper. :lol:

I think the break is a bit more than an hour - it's certainly enough time to go and get something to eat. In Edinburgh at least there are lots of places near the Exam Centre to have a decent lunch and a change of scene before the afternoon papers - it's such a long day and I reckon the morning is the really exhausting part.