Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cyclothymic

marriage and hsmp

3 posts in this topic

guys woudl apprecaite advice adn comments on how to bring ones wife to live in the uk when i am on hsmp,, somthign about a spouse visa i think , or can u apply thru hsmp ,, by the way i am i my seocnd year and not due to reapply for extension unitill 2009

It will be very staightforward. You will have to apply for your wife as a dependent. If she is curently in India, you would need proof of employment/payslips/bank statements and proof of your current place of residence, namely 2 utility bills. With these documents and copy of your passport it should be simple. Of course, original marriage cert and copy of all documents. You will have to check which form to fill though, as I am not sure about that. Even if you apply from here, the above are the main documents required, but it would be an advantage to have utility bills in joint name then.

If you apply through HSMP, you might have to pay the whole fee again and I am not sure which form will it be, as the original form has a place for dependent applications, but I have not seen any separate dependent application forms.

Moreover, no matter what capacity she comes in, as a dependent on your HSMP visa she should be able to work without any problems