Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bilal

out patient

14 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I would like to hear the veiws of this forum on who should be on the outpatient clinic list?

worked in different places and seen done with different guides in mind.

what is it like in your area,or who do you think ought to be on our clinic lists.

please post your opinion on this.

Can you be a bit more specific - it will make it easier to reply to your question.

I am not entirely sure what you mean - do you mean what criteria should patients meet to be seen in a psychiatric outpatients clinic?

Most services have a referral criteria that they apply to all referrals from GPs to determine whether or not the patient should be seen. For example, recently I was referred a patient with Adult ADHD - the referral was rejected by the CMHT manager as this did not meet the 'referral criteria' i.e. the PCT had not commissioned any service from our Trust for patients with Adult ADHD.

Hi there,sorry if this was not clear enough.

large number of patients we see come to the clinic and all we say to them hello,how are you ,see you in 3 or 4 or however many weeks or monthes that is.when our patient do not turn up and sometimes only because they have an appointment to see their GP we send them further invitations and try to chase them up even if they have been settled for long time,but only because they have schizophrenia or any other chronic mental illness or disorder we are often anxious about letting go as it is the case of other specialities but off course after giving allownce to their vulnerabilty.

there is an everincreasing number of patients been reffered to psychiatric outpatients and if we can't be clear ourself on who to keep in our lists and who to discharge back to primary care our case load only going to get bigger.

although there is often a process to accept the refferals there don't seem to be the same clarity when it come to discharge.

I hope I have made this request a bit clearer.

thanx

HI BILAL,

You are very brave man,lol.Everyone is thinking about leaving the country or consolidating themselves somehow here in the NHS.On the other hand there is you, who is worried about the increasing patient list and chronic schizophrenia :lol:

I think we need more people like you here in UK who are brave and unperturbed with the rapidly changing scenario for IMG's.

Keep it up and hats off! And when u clear ur outpatient list please pm me,I would want to personally congratulate you ;)

cheers

dear Bilal,

am sami a resident doctor in psychiatry and i did not understand your question, but am iraqi and your name is arabic so i thought it is nice to chat with your dear.

what am searching for is frankly how i can get out of my country cause it is hard to study and work in it thesedays.

am a student in the iraqi and in the arabic board since 6 months.

they give us the agreement to do attachment abroad but i do not know how to do attachment.

can u hepl Bilal?

thanx princescorpio for the comment and I hope you are not being sarcastic.

I am also thinking about leaving the country but this does not mean that we should stop and become hopeless.We as human have the ability to adapt and obstacles will never stop arising in our way no matter what we do or where we go.We as psychiatrists try to help our patients to pick up the peices and get on so we should not forget to do the same to ourselves.I try to take things positivly as much as i can.

and to Sami I understand the situation is quite difficult in Iraq but it is getting any easier here too.the Arabic board is not easy and the regulation is strict, if you can get it it will be a very good acheavment by your side.please be patient and I wish you all the best.

sorry bilal if you felt I was sarcastic but now I sincerely say that u are really a brave person.

cheers mate!

pls,can somebody tell me why everyone wants to get out of the country?

wot can u do when ur PFT ends and u dont have a job??

But not everyone is eligible for HSMP are they??

thank you Bilal for your replay, and I got another Question, which is the easier, passing the arabic board or passing the MRCPsych ?