Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rewant

VISA for IRELAND for Part2

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone has experience of applying for visa for Ireland for Part 2 clinical when you had only less than 2 weeks time to go for exam? Please give me specific and practical advice in terms of paying in [highlight]VISA fee in GBP(how much),documents needed,and trouble shooter[/highlight].The form sent by Irish embassy is a single page form and not very informative.There is nowhere mention how much sterling to pay.They have also asked about a [highlight]reference in Ireland[/highlight].I do not know anyone there.How to get around this silly legalities?

Much needed and much appreciated response is yours! I love you!!!

RnD

Is there no one going to Ireland.Come on guys...I hope I am not alone who needs visa ::)

run down to the Irish embassy in London. they will process the visa in a week but don;t wait till they post the passport back to you. go and collect it next week. try to go down on Monday. one of my friends has already left for London today to sort the visa out.

the Embasssy and visa processing office are in different areas. visa office is somewhere in knightsbridge. the fee when i travelled to Ireland was about 30 Euros but that was 3 years ago. check up.

i will ask my friend today evening and post the information that he gives. cheers! and good luck

the Irish embassy address--

Address: 17 Grosvenor Place London SW1X 7HR

Telephone: +44-20-7235-2171

Fax: +44-20-7245-6961

but the visa processing place is in front of Harrods in Knights bridge

Cost £42- payable in cash on the day

documents : exam letter

Current employment letter

Air tickets for travel(E tickets fine)

Accomodation arrangements(online stuff fine)

2 Passport Photos

Current valid passport

the passport will be returned in One week. my friend is going to London to collect it next friday. hurry up mate!

paranths

Paranth ur always a good help, nice to hv u on forum :)

cheers

Hi Paranth

So nice of you!!! You have been very helpful.I am going to go to visa office on Monday 1st thing.I have all the papers as you mentioned except the accomodation arrangement proof.I have booked BnB on phone.I will have to ask the owners to e-mail if possible.If I did not have the accomodation proof I wonder whether it would be a problem.

Thanks a lot again!

wot a nightmare time to have to organise all of this.....the college truely dont have a heart when it comes to these things!!

feel for you man.

good luck

To RnD and others-I had been to Ireland once before without a Visa  as there was no time to get the Visa. I explained in the immigration Dept the difficulties and the facts, they let me in for once without a valid visa but with a VW (i.e Visa Warning). I am sure you all got the ball rolling for the Visa. If push comes to shove just go with your exam letter and passport.

All the best

Hi The_vetaran,well done.It was better than nothing.I hope I do not get into that situation.Yes Omer,it is a nightmare running around for visa in such a short time.Thanks to Paranth's quick and thorough advice that I rushed to Irish Embassy on Monday.They called me for next Monday to collect passport.I hope I will get visa.

The lady at the visa office first scared me saying that I only had less than 3 month current UK visa.She said''we can only accept application if your cuurent uk visa is 3 months or longer.''I thought I was in trouble.I told her my visa is due for extention of 4 years as I am on HSMP.She accepted my arguement and proceeded my application.

Anyway,thanks guys for help and advice.I hope I pass and not end up again in this situation.

RnD

hi fellas!

i hope you have all sorted your visas and are in Ireland taking the exam as i am typing this message!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL FOR THE EXAMS!!

paranth