Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paritosh

reservation in india

19 posts in this topic

hi guys ,

I am receiving a lot of emails from doctors in India trying to get help on issue of reservation policy by govt of india which they are opposing.many of my freind have been recieving the similar e mails.

i am not sure what we can do whilst we are here.

any ideas??

Paritosh i just cant understand what all this fuss is about.Its more than 50 years since we got freedom and have not managed to wipe out caste system which according to me is never going to be wiped out.

On one hand we talk abot yout for equality etc etc which have cropped up in India recently but its a irony that the members of these organiztions have their surnames which in fact is their caste names like the guptas,sinhas etc etc, why cant these youths give up their surnames to demonstrate that they stand for equailty.And the othere thing is how many of these individuals will marry outside their castes or even subcastes.

We have suppresed a section of the society for centuries and when there are a few seats being reserved for them their is such a big hue and cry about it,what all these indivuals who are opposing reservation is to look into themselves first and talk about equality.

I felt like laughing when i was watching ndtv when they were talking about serving the country and blah blah.

I think we have more important issues to discuss about than discuss about morons who are apparently trying to save the country. :lol:

well sanju its not few seats being reserved from them ...its 27% seats ...thats a huge no...

In state of tamil nadu 69 % reservation for backward classes is being increased to 79 %...!!

if u are from the non backward class you would know how difficult it is to be a doctor when ur dad cannot put you in a donation college....

so i think u should keep your views to urself...or maybe you are from backward class trying to support their coz...

sorry mate I dont like discriminating people like this but thats what our politicians are doing...divide and rule..

arjun singh hai hai

Dear friends

the following are a few posts in a discussion on AIPPG forum

gives us some food for thought ??

It seems that the whole scheduled caste community is justifying reservations as a punishment to upper castes for opression from last 100,s of years. Is it logical? can we split the people of so called free india like this..

Its strange how instead of thanking the system for supporting your cause from last 50 years and giving you a chance to rise, you are still full of haterd for the so called upper castes. It seems you all want quotas for eternity

All public offices are badly infested by quota system, All top posts are filled by SC,s. This has killed the working spirit of most hard working officials as merit has no role in promotions. Corruption is so rampant.

Brain drain is a direct result of reservations, and will increase more. Every society is proud of its resources, but sadly india is losing its most valuable resource- intelligent minds.

I wish reservations be introduced parliament, where by rotation 1/3rd of seats are reserved for backward castes and no g.cat politicians can contest. And in some other professions like army, film industry etc for if a society has to collapse let it collapse fast at least it will bring an early revolution.

i agree there must be something done for the downtrodden. why not limit it to the primary education, pre university and the graduate degree? is there any reason that u cud give me for wanting reservation at the PG level too? if allowed u wud want reservation at the super specialty level and then u wud want reservation for the jobs too.

the bottomline to u people is - why enact this mockery of democracy in the name of upliftment of downtrodden? why not come out and say that u just want a free ride to the top? atleast then we wud be able to appreciate ur honesty.

......................... ::) ::) ::)

http://www.aippg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36284

thats where i got it from :(:(

i guess the need of the hour is for all of us to stand united and have an open across-the-board discussion on this issue...

whatever views we may hold , the reality is that the demise of meritocracy is going to affect us all!!!

remember????just a few days ago we were up in arms and crying foul when the british govenment ended the equal oppurtunities and brought in back door entry (read reservations) for the 'home growns'

I AM SURPRISED HOW PEOPLE WANT ONE SET OF RULES IN UK BUT SUPPORT ANOTHER GAMEPLAN FOR INDIA !!!!!!!

Eureka thanks for you compliment.This a democratic forum and I have a freedom to express my views.If you dont like it DONT READ IT.

I may be from backward or upper or what ever and you dont have any right to label me with any caste.Eureka your post just shows how narrow minded moron you are.Its sad that you are into psychiatry.

You Have a unidimensional view about things and its very clear from your view point about me supporting the whole issue because iam from a backward caste :lol:.

Eureka your post just shows the kind of upbringing you have had.

Docpurrs tell me some names of IAS/IFS/IPS WHO ARE SC/ST.Forget IAS/IPS,HOW MANY DIRECTORS OF TOP INSTITUTIONS ARE FROM SC/ST.

You are telling that corruption is because of reservation hahahaha thats a nice joke.So according to you all the people in India who are corrupt are sc/st?

Looking at some of the obnoxious posters and also some of the posts here... iam thankful to God that Iam not from a religion like yours which is so divided that even education doesn't change your mindset and attitudes.

whats ur problem docsanju??

you call this a democratic forum where people can air their views and yet you cant resist turning every discussion into a personal battle where you must prevail at all costs !!!

you keep plucking parts of other peoples postings out of their contexts and then give ur highly opinionated but nonetheless crap views about them at the top of your voice....

what have you got??   NPD traits?????

and before passing your jugement on me did you ask yourself if  your

'EDUCATION HAS CHANGED YOUR MINDSET AND ATTITUDES'??? >:(

Docsanju

you called eureka a MORON because you felt she labelled you with your caste but in the same breath you had no qualms about saying that i am from a bad relegion and that you are glad that you are not a part of it....

if you have an iota of self respect , you should immediately apologise for your hypocrisy and an apparent lack of social ettiquettes in the context of group discussions..

i can understand if you are aggrieved /upset/angry or opinionated but that cannot justify uncivil conduct on your part.

I am sure others on this forum would agree >:( >:(

docsanju its v clear form your post that  you are not  a person who has worked hard to get into medical college either u are from donation college or you are a backward class candidate who get a seat at 57 % while a forward caste has to get 97 % ...so you dont talk about my education background...or upbringing...

Eureka you have again come out with your assumption about me.Please dont give your expert opinion about the way I got into medicine and the percentage of marks I got :o you are making these assumptions just by three posts of mine.

DocPurrs nobody has the right to attack anybody personaly in a forum.I dont agree with your point of view of attcking anybody personally.Neither do I have NPD nor am I trying to impose my views on to anybody.If you understand english its very clear that I have not made any personal comments about you.

Once again Eureka please stop labelling me without knowing my credentials.

Docpurrs where have i called eureka a moron?You seem to go overboard in supporting eureka.

ok agreed you are a guy sanju who worked hard , spent hours slogging in the night ,studying for premedical exams, studying for 12 th exams,to get 97 % but then you dont get a  medical seat becoz the cut off was 97.4%while your neighbour who was watching cricket match all the time sitting in his airconditioned house ,sleeping at 10 o clock and gets 57 % in 12th gets the same medical college becoz he belonged to sc quota...tell me why would you support the coz for this kind of discrimination....unless and until you have not faced this situation...

only reason you havent faced this situtaion would be either you are from the bc or your dad paid for your donation...simple as that...

there are no reasonable grounds to favour reservation

Hi Guys ,(Docsanju,eureka & docpurrs) it  is time to end this acrimonious arguments :-[

It is sad to see people crying out foul when quotas etc start affecting them. I think all quotas should be stopped. But I did not hear any body raising this issue before when things worked to their advantyage i.e. state quotas, domicile etc. Guys what we need is fairness and people who have previously gained from any quotas need to come clean before they suggest answers to this problem.

I agree with you passexam.There was no protest when 100s of private colleges sprung up in the last five years.Doesnt this hamper merit,wont this increase competition?Where was IMA and other organisations when these colleges started spring up in every nook and corner.

And docpurr it looks like you just cant stop attacking me.

Eureka its for the the reason mentioned above that I see double standards in the protest against quota.As far as me being a bc or my father buying me a seat is concerned,none of this happened and Iam also from the so called general merit category.As one grows old you start to think about things in a more multidimensional way and thats what I did and I was called a bc and also of getting 57% marks!And Iam sorry for calling you a moron it was my mistake.

docsanju

you have my respect for apologising to Eureka

i have withdrawn my earlier posting

like i said earlier.... this isnt personal... lets not make it so.....

Docpurrs their is no point in us arguing about dirty politics played by our politicians.

'Discussion' closed (3 complaints received).