Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest sasababa

winners of laughlin award

16 posts in this topic

::)hey folks , does anybody has any clue regarding who are the winners of laughlin award in last three part 2 exams. ? who are the winners of irish graduate prizes ? why doesn't college proclaim those names in a prominent way ?

i guess the winners being very modest humble beings asked the college not to publicise their names :lol:

I guess the danger is that this is potentially a life-altering honour, and they don't want gifted trainees to have to spend all their time signing autographs, appearing on GMTV and promoting their autobiographies. I think the college is being very sensible in this ... sorry, the award is worth how much? Oh. Oh I see. Never mind. :lol:

well it is certainly not me! :lol:

I know one of our consultants got the award and unless another consultant told us, we would not have known.! so who wants to tell everyone that they won the award? no one i guess

They're usually the ones who write the college yellow book on critical appraisal, so the next edition will contain the the prize winners from 2005 and 2006. Some of the answers they give are quite suspect, but...hell...I dunno how I passed the critical appraisal!

3 of the past 4 winners came from our rotation - and i can safely say that even others on the rotation may not even know that they got them. These People i guess are modest about their achievement (if not INCREDIBLY ambitious/hardworking) but no less deserving.

often wondered y the college doesnt say who won what ...i guess there is probably a oldskool style board with the names etched on somewhere in the college.

hi omer... which rotation are you in by the way? just gettin a bit curious to know the name as it looks like to be a good one..!

i also guess passing the exam is quite a shock for most of us and takes some time to sink in.i guess passing and winning the prize must be such a shock that the winners are shocked into being mute and take quite a while to recover if they do :lol:

trust me and without any illfeeling ...it would take a lot to make her mute!!! (not in the boasting sense but generally i might add)

..keep guessing!

or not

:lol:

oh i should add that it DEFO wasnt me!! (i wish!! ...) :P

oh come on Omer.. spill the beans man.. :D

:-X

oh that must a be a new link - thanks elton rd. although i guess there are 2 each year and no links to previous years .....so still abit of a mystery!!